Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Okay so...

I am am finding it hard to deal with being lonely whilst being single which I find a bit embarrassing as in nearly all of the other areas of my life I am very independent. I don't believe in diving into a relationship just for the sake of it either so I won't be doing that. When I am feeling lonely, I think of the happy times I had had in previous relationships and I pine for them but not the person. I have friends and family which I visit regularly but I just miss romance and having someone there.

Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    Completely normal, I'm exactly the same at the moment if I'm honest!

I don't necessarily miss the person, I just miss the whole feeling of being in a relationship and the romance. I don't want to rush into anything for the sake of it as it's not worth it - I guess it will just subside over time

Just try your best to focus on the other things that make you happy at this moment in time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see two people hooking up

(Original post by hanwat20)
    Completely normal, I'm exactly the same at the moment if I'm honest!

I don't necessarily miss the person, I just miss the whole feeling of being in a relationship and the romance. I don't want to rush into anything for the sake of it as it's not worth it - I guess it will just subside over time

Just try your best to focus on the other things that make you happy at this moment in time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's really difficult though. I am trying to keep my mind from thinking about it as little as possible but I do struggle. I really hope it will subside

(Original post by Mockery)
    I see two people hooking up
    I am confused. What do you mean:confused:...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's really difficult though. I am trying to keep my mind from thinking about it as little as possible but I do struggle. I really hope it will subside
    It is difficult are you at uni at the moment? Being out and about, keeping busy has helped me the most as it's taken my mind off of it completely. Get yourself back out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.