Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    So I was wondering whether anyone could give me any advice/suggestions.

This year I have two AS exams on the same day and I was wondering how people would suggest I use my time effectively, particularly the day before as we'll be on study leave.

I have a History 1.5 hour sources exam in the morning and a Geography 2 hour physical and human exam in the afternoon. These are my first exams.
    Both exams are equally important to me, maybe History slightly more, but these are the two subjects which I should do best in.

Last year I had two exams on the same day, but that was chemistry and English lit so quite different in terms of amounts to revise plus everyone had these exams so we were all in the same boat, whereas this year we're not. My History teacher also tried to reassure me by saying she had a History and Chemistry AS exam on the same day, but she failed Chemistry (not so helpful).

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Although the topics are very different, History and Geography are both essay based subjects. I wouldn't fret too much, if anything you should be down to flashcards by the day before and not cramming any past paper practice in as it'll only stress you out.

Consider yourself lucky, my best friend has 4 exams on the first day of AS Level examinations...

ReputationRep:
    I have a clash too - History sources paper and Textiles, you could try and work something out with your exams officer so you can possibly do the next paper later that day, but even if that doesn't work, you will have two exams done

ReputationRep:
    Thanks good point about the not doing practice essays
    Wow I would hate to have 4 exams, I feel so sorry for them!
    My friend does Textiles and her teachers always give everybody D-U no matter what they do..

History source-based exams have limited potential to prepare for in advance, other than having general exam technique down, because unlike most other exams, the majority of the material used to answer the questions is provided in the source booklet. I'd suggest that if you've done your background reading for History, you should perhaps concentrate more on geography as it is slightly longer and requires you to remember more specific material.

Uth

ReputationRep:
    I have three exams on same day, same history and geography as well as travel& tourism exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.