Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Would you be so kind as to offer me a piece of advice / your opinion on my dilemma?

I'll be applying for a postgradute course at Imperial (Msc Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management) next year. I'm currently in my 2nd year of my BA French at University of Warsaw, Poland. Before I took up my current degree, I'd studied at King's College London (BA French with Management) but I had to quit after a couple of months due to unforeseen family issues.

My question is: is it worth mentioning in the application process? Would it be seen as bad that I had to quit? Or perhaps it'd be better if I mentioned that I got into KCL even though I had to leave later?

Thank you for your input in advance, I really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prepare a response for if they ask but don't go out of your way to mention it unless you've got an important point.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would mention that you attended KCL but had to withdraw from the course for unforeseen family issues. Stuff happens in life that we can't help, and it's much better to list and explain it, then just leave a gap/leave them guessing

It will in no way go against you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natkin)
    Hey all,

Would you be so kind as to offer me a piece of advice / your opinion on my dilemma?

I'll be applying for a postgradute course at Imperial (Msc Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management) next year. I'm currently in my 2nd year of my BA French at University of Warsaw, Poland. Before I took up my current degree, I'd studied at King's College London (BA French with Management) but I had to quit after a couple of months due to unforeseen family issues.

My question is: is it worth mentioning in the application process? Would it be seen as bad that I had to quit? Or perhaps it'd be better if I mentioned that I got into KCL even though I had to leave later?

Thank you for your input in advance, I really appreciate it.
    I wouldn't bother mentioning it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt include it, I mean, what does it add to your application? mentioning it doesn't strengthen your position in any way, it can only either make no difference, or have a negative impact.

ReputationRep:
    Write it and simply put "withdrew for family reasons".

I certainly would include it as it shows you have experience of both management and living in London, so they know you'll have some idea what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't include it, however the gap in your CV could work against you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for taking your time to help me decide, good luck with whatever you do in your life.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.