Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 and I'm researching universities at the moment. I keep seeing UEA come up again and again for student satisfaction. It won a load of student choice (I think?) awards on unistats, high in the tables, and I just generally hear it being raved about.
    I really like the look of the course I want to do there, so I'm doing some further research.
    I was wondering what makes it so great? If you go there, what are the good points, and if you're going there why did you choose UEA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateislate)
    I'm in year 12 and I'm researching universities at the moment. I keep seeing UEA come up again and again for student satisfaction. It won a load of student choice (I think?) awards on unistats, high in the tables, and I just generally hear it being raved about.
    I really like the look of the course I want to do there, so I'm doing some further research.
    I was wondering what makes it so great? If you go there, what are the good points, and if you're going there why did you choose UEA?
    Im going there in September, I chose it because I live in Norwich and its a great place to live with lots to do. Near the seaside, good shopping etc. the Uni itself has a really nice feel to it with a brilliant sports park. When I went on an open day I saw little rabbits just hopping around! Lovely grounds, state of the art facilities and nice people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year, UEA is great. Nice campus, good facilities for sports, good teaching, ranks high in the tables as you said. UEA also has great gigs and Freshers was insane! Norwich is a really nice place too.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Kate!

As these students have said, UEA is such a welcoming campus and students value the quality of teaching. We have just been voted number 1 in The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey and as you said always acheive high results in the student satisfaction surveys.

If you have a chance to visit UEA, you don't need to wait until year 13 you can come to our open days this summer which are as follows:

Saturday 22nd June
    Friday 5th July
    Saturday 14th September

It's great that you are doing your research early too!

Good luck with everything,

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    You won't appreciate how good the union is until you've sampled how bad some other universities unions are.

I visited 6 times in the 2000's when my GF was there, the union was fantastic always have something interesting going on.

ReputationRep:
    When I visited for an offer day it was the most friendly uni I visited by far. All the students I spoke to were just so welcoming and all seemed to genuinely love it and all the people in my department (Politics) were really welcoming a seemed to enthusiastic about not only the subject but teaching as well. It basically seemed like a really supportive academic environment with a great range of modules and people who were really passionate about their subjects.
    The campus seems really social compared to others I'd visited as well, especially for me as someone who loves music. And another huge plus for me was that accommodation, while not the best I'd seen, was the cheapest of basically every uni I visited.

UEA was my last choice when choosing unis and I never thought I'd accept it and despite the fact i wasn't sure about the out of town campus or Norwich itself I fell in love. It's my insurance now (the only reason I didn't put it as my first choice is because I want to do graduate law and not being from a Russel Group uni would disadvantage me) but if I don't get my grades for my firm I'd be so happy to go there

ReputationRep:
    tbh i have not a clue why the campus is loved so much, it is a concrete jungle and i hate the fact that i love it.
    the union is awesome, there is a huge range of societies from rugby to quidditch, from catholic to deviant (rock and alt music soc), from dr who to baking. the union runs the largest music venue within 100 odd miles, and gets awesome bands, there has been motorhead, 30 seconds to mars, blue among those that i can think of. they also run the uni pub and a nightclub in the city.
    Norwich is a nice place as it has the good points of both city and country living.

ReputationRep:
    I can add that norwich is fantastic, its old nickname is "the death of ambition"!... due to the fact that once you move there thats it, you want to stay!

ReputationRep:
    I've been here two days and the campus layout is amazing. The union has shops, pub and a few other things. Everything's so social too and you can get involved in a ton of things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scoutnetworker)
    I can add that norwich is fantastic, its old nickname is "the death of ambition"!... due to the fact that once you move there thats it, you want to stay!
    Bull****, that has never been the nickname.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I live in Norwich so I've been to the UEA hundreds of times!

I really like the layout of the campus as it's completely enclosed (similar to Sussex, Reading, etc, if you know what they're like?) and feels like you're in your own little student town. The student union is really good, and there's always lots going on. Also, I absolutely love Norwich as a city as it's got things like great shopping, a theatre, cinemas, riverside complex, Premier League football ground etc, as well as having a really good night life. You'd probably expect it to be dead because it's not a massive city, but it's so good for clubs and bars! There's also the beach half an hour away so you get seaside and city! Everyone here is really friendly, and I'm so happy that I live here! The university area is nice too. Close to Earlham park and Eaton park which are great areas to hang out with friends and they have big firework displays and other events.

I guess the main downside would be that the main city centre is a 10 minute bus ride away, and the clubbing area is about 15 minutes. But there's a big Sainsbury's near the uni and plenty of other places so it's not like you're in the middle of no where. Also, a few people have described the uni as a concrete jungle as the buildings are just plain concrete and don't look very interesting, but this has never been a problem for me.

I want to move away to go to university, but if I didn't live in Norwich then I'd definitely consider the UEA! I hope this has helped and I hope you love Norwich too if you come here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.