Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend got 120/120 UMS in our LitB1 Aspects of Narrative exam last Jan whereas I did pretty bad. She's really stressing out though because she's worried that she won't do well next year in A2, and that's got me worried too now. How hard is A2 English Lit compared to AS? How difficult would it be for my friend who is excellent at Lit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going AQA LITB3/4 this year as an A2 student. AS, in terms of mark schemes and grade boundaries is easier. Last year it only took 47/84 to get 90 UMS/ A; 62/84 to get 120. For the LITB3 exam you need to get, as far as I know 52/80 for an A.

Depending on what books you're covering (I am covering the Gothic: Frankenstein, Wuthering Heights and Dr Faustus), I definitely think A2 is more interesting. Your coursework as well is more difficult. You have to go away and read books yourselves and pick a topic to write about.

If you have any questions please ask. I am a little anxious about the exam, but I've made plenty of revision notes and plan to get some practice papers done over the next 9 weeks until my exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Btw, My mate also got 120 in the B1 exam. He has a natural ability for English. I don't know if that is a similar situation to your lady friend. Nevertheless, I got better marks in the coursework than he did! In that sense, working hard for it won't stop you doing well. I've got plenty of mates who got As because they put the work in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.