Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recommed a good dark lipstick? What lipstick do you wear? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've always worn one shade of lipstick by no 7 on special occasions (stole it from my mum lol) but recently I've gotten more into it but...they've now discontinued the lipstick...it was endless colour morella cherry shade, quite dark red/burgundy colour :s:

I am open to most colours apart from the bright red/pink look MATTE colours please.

Oh and I have creamy/yellow complexion. (Price range, below £15 preferably)

ReputationRep:
    I use Maxfactor Lipfinity. Shade number 108 - frivolous.

What I like about Lipfinity is that it really stays on properly. So you don't get that awful stain on straws for glasses and then leaving just a lip liner effect. Eurgh. And I feel you really need that, especially with dark lipsticks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in 'Bordeaux' - I purchased this for a few pounds off eBay and really love it. Dark, yet totally wearable. (I also have yellow undertones in my skin). Although it can be slightly drying.

I really want to try Mac lipstick in the shade 'Diva', which is darker and more intense than the Rimmel shade. Perhaps I'll invest for next autumn...

ReputationRep:
    I love mac odyssey. It's plum, but not too plum. And not too dark either. Just lovely

ReputationRep:
    I really like Nars pure matte lipstick in Volga, really good pigmentation and it doesn't come off, stays on all day for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    I use Maxfactor Lipfinity. Shade number 108 - frivolous.

What I like about Lipfinity is that it really stays on properly. So you don't get that awful stain on straws for glasses and then leaving just a lip liner effect. Eurgh. And I feel you really need that, especially with dark lipsticks.
    The liptints keep coming up when I youtube it... I bought quite a few of the Max Factor liptints... not good value for money.

Is it a matt colour? Does yours end up looking like this:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I have that problem, constantly have to top it up so it doesn't dry out and look red with awful lip liner.

Found your one on ebay here

(Original post by OnlyMe!)
    Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in 'Bordeaux' - I purchased this for a few pounds off eBay and really love it. Dark, yet totally wearable. (I also have yellow undertones in my skin). Although it can be slightly drying.

I really want to try Mac lipstick in the shade 'Diva', which is darker and more intense than the Rimmel shade. Perhaps I'll invest for next autumn...
    I LOVE the Bordeaux! But is it American? Cant seem to find it... could you give a link for it on ebay?

(Original post by bananaa)
    I love mac odyssey. It's plum, but not too plum. And not too dark either. Just lovely
    I just saw it, it's a gorgeous colour. I think I'd get bored of that colour though. Or maybe it's not dark enough for me. I'm kinda into the whole gothic/grungy look at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    If you have yellow undertones to your skin you will want preferably a warmer shade, more orangey than a cooler, blueish lipstick. Mac has a lot of dark lipsticks for your shades, such as Chilli or Brave Red and these lipsticks are under £15 + great quality. Once you go mac you can never go back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray-chel)
    I really like Nars pure matte lipstick in Volga, really good pigmentation and it doesn't come off, stays on all day for me
    Love it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Khodu)
    I LOVE the Bordeaux! But is it American? Cant seem to find it... could you give a link for it on ebay?
    There were loads a few months ago.

Now there's just this.

I think it's been discontinued in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RikersIsland)
    If you have yellow undertones to your skin you will want preferably a warmer shade, more orangey than a cooler, blueish lipstick. Mac has a lot of dark lipsticks for your shades, such as Chilli or Brave Red and these lipsticks are under £15 + great quality. Once you go mac you can never go back.
    What about diva? That's the one I've seen quite a few reviews about on YouTube...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.