Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Anatomy or Biochemistry? I already have a Biochemistry offer and have firmed it. This made me look more in depth about the course structure of Anatomy. They are both exactly the same in the 1st year but from years 2-3 the core modules are different although some optional modules are the same.

I do not really have a strong preference over one degree but Anatomy does stand out more since it is more relevant to medicine. Although, I do enjoy Biology and Chemistry. Also I am trying to look at it so that if things do not work out (i.e rejection from GEM) my chosen degree would still provide me with good career prospects/options.

Does it really matter?

Thanks in advance,

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty both are a life science (ish) so it really makes no difference, I can't think of any university that will care what it is; if they do care it is only that it is a life science or just a science. If I were you I would just take whichever you think you will enjoy more or are likely to do better in to make sure you get a 2:1. As for GEP your degree is almost literally a tick box and they move on to the rest of your application, good luck in whichever you choose

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.