Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else sitting the 2 OCR B History GCSE papers? I am sitting the International Relations 1919-1939 and Pre-War Germany 1919-1939 paper and the British In-Depth Study 1893-1914 paper. Has anyone else thought that there seems to be an unreasonable amount of knowledge you have to know compared to other subjects? It's taken me just as long to revise a quarter of a topic of History as it did for me to do a whole topic of RS or Physics...can anyone give me advice on telling me how to boil all the information down?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's a lot of knowledge to learn, but we do have a choice of questions . Its about the exam technique I think.

ReputationRep:
    I done the Germany paper last year and doing Britain this year . You have to keep in mind that history is a very general subject, so when it comes to sources just bull**** throughout! Also, keep in mind you HAVE to explain your points made in detail for top marks. In terms of revision all I really do is read in regular intervals, 30 min then 5 minute break. Also, remember to practice on sources!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.