Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Im having a random problem with I tunes. roughly once a week when I open it up, it will have completely lost my library. It doesn't recognise that I have any music or play lists, even though it is there. Whenever it happens I have to import all of my music - which thanks to alot being in the WMA format takes its time.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks

Alex

ReputationRep:
    I've never had that problem, but I've found the Apple website very useful in the past with helping me to sort out problems with Apple stuff, so maybe you could look there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    I've never had that problem, but I've found the Apple website very useful in the past with helping me to sort out problems with Apple stuff, so maybe you could look there?
    I have, and I have tried their suggestions, they blame sony pc's (which mine is not), and 3rd party programs etc., but even after a system restore to over a month before the problem, it is still coming up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex p)
    I have, and I have tried their suggestions, they blame sony pc's (which mine is not), and 3rd party programs etc., but even after a system restore to over a month before the problem, it is still coming up.
    Oh. In that case... I don't know what to suggest. :dontknow: Sorry.

EDIT: Actually, have you tried contacting Apple directly to ask for help with the problem, rather than just looking at the troubleshooting pages on their website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    Oh. In that case... I don't know what to suggest. :dontknow: Sorry.

EDIT: Actually, have you tried contacting Apple directly to ask for help with the problem, rather than just looking at the troubleshooting pages on their website?
    I had another look round and found a page on corrupted libraries - I have copied and pasted an old one and gotten rid of the newest. Hopefully this will work. If not it is up to date enough that it is only a min or so of hassel, not the half hour or so it has been of importing it all again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex p)
    I had another look round and found a page on corrupted libraries - I have copied and pasted an old one and gotten rid of the newest. Hopefully this will work. If not it is up to date enough that it is only a min or so of hassel, not the half hour or so it has been of importing it all again.
    Well, that's at least a good step in the right direction.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.