Turn on thread page Beta

why oh why watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    do parents think they OWN their children and their lives!?!?!

thanksfully i have never had that problem, but now im experiancing it in a different way and it horrid! i feel for u guys wo have them out there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)

thanksfully i have never had that problem, but now im experiancing it in a different way and it horrid! i feel for u guys wo have them out there!

Some parents are just too overprotective, and don't want their children making mistakes or living their own lives, they want to wrap them in cotton wool. Or some don't want their children making the same mistakes they made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    Some parents are just too overprotective, and don't want their children making mistakes or living their own lives, they want to wrap them in cotton wool. Or some don't want their children making the same mistakes they made.
    well that way they never leanr and in the end will end up pushin their children away!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

youre experiencing it in a different way?
    how? we must stop this different way before other parents find out about it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    youre experiencing it in a different way?
    how? we must stop this different way before other parents find out about it...
    my bfs mum and dad

ReputationRep:
    my bfs mum and dad
    oh..... man, that sucks more than anything... i feel your pain...

ReputationRep:
    oh..... man, that sucks more than anything... i feel your pain...
    what the hell? i got bad rep for sayin that!

thanks... its not a very nice pain. i think id prefer phycisal pain to this

ReputationRep:
    what the hell? i got bad rep for sayin that!

thanks... its not a very nice pain. i think id prefer phycisal pain to this
    you got bad rep for sayin what? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    you got bad rep for sayin what? :confused:
    for pointin out its ma bfs mum and dad cant say nothin these days

ReputationRep:
    for pointin out its ma bfs mum and dad cant say nothin these days
    look on the bright side, at least your getting some kind of rep... i just seem to be ignored... .*sniff*

ReputationRep:
    if u impress me il b nice to u... and giv u attention lol

ReputationRep:

No parents always think they know whats best for you. When i eventually moved into my own flat i've been ther happiest in my life. Before we used to argue ALL the time and now we get on great. What parents have to understand is they rule you till ur 16 then all they can do is advise you.....most parents dont get that!! But occasionally they are good for advice!

ReputationRep:

i can understand what u mean, but i reckon my parents are pretty good. I'm allowed to do what i want, as long as i ring them up to let them know that i'm ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    No parents always think they know whats best for you. When i eventually moved into my own flat i've been ther happiest in my life. Before we used to argue ALL the time and now we get on great. What parents have to understand is they rule you till ur 16 then all they can do is advise you.....most parents dont get that!! But occasionally they are good for advice!
    well the bf is 16 and STILL has to do what he is told

ReputationRep:
    Its the whole while your living under their roof you'll live by their rules thing. It sucks big time, but you have to put up with it because unfortunately at 16 you don't have many other choices.

ReputationRep:
    But thats because he hasn't moved out. There's an unwritten rule in most households that if you decide to continue living at home after ur 16th you abide by the same rules as before. What he needs to do id negotiate or move out, but if he decides to move out make sure the parents throw him out because that will entitle him to get a flat ALOT quicker....trust me i know! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    look on the bright side, at least your getting some kind of rep... i just seem to be ignored... .*sniff*
    want to do a rep trade then, i'll give u some poss rep and u give me some poss rep.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well it's good that he respects his parents, I think.

I'm 19 and while I'm living here I will respect their rules (well most of them)! My younger sister (14) is always showing off, complaining, arguing and shouting at my parents and it makes me sick how ungrateful and selfish she is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Hmm well it's good that he respects his parents, I think.

I'm 19 and while I'm living here I will respect their rules (well most of them)! My younger sister (14) is always showing off, complaining, arguing and shouting at my parents and it makes me sick how ungrateful and selfish she is.
    who????

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.