This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
do parents think they OWN their children and their lives!?!?!

thanksfully i have never had that problem, but now im experiancing it in a different way and it horrid! i feel for u guys wo have them out there!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)

thanksfully i have never had that problem, but now im experiancing it in a different way and it horrid! i feel for u guys wo have them out there!

Some parents are just too overprotective, and don't want their children making mistakes or living their own lives, they want to wrap them in cotton wool. Or some don't want their children making the same mistakes they made.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
Some parents are just too overprotective, and don't want their children making mistakes or living their own lives, they want to wrap them in cotton wool. Or some don't want their children making the same mistakes they made.
well that way they never leanr and in the end will end up pushin their children away!!!!!!
two_headed_monk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

youre experiencing it in a different way?
how? we must stop this different way before other parents find out about it...
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by two_headed_monk)
youre experiencing it in a different way?
how? we must stop this different way before other parents find out about it...
my bfs mum and dad
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my bfs mum and dad
oh..... man, that sucks more than anything... i feel your pain...
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
oh..... man, that sucks more than anything... i feel your pain...
what the hell? i got bad rep for sayin that!

thanks... its not a very nice pain. i think id prefer phycisal pain to this
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what the hell? i got bad rep for sayin that!

thanks... its not a very nice pain. i think id prefer phycisal pain to this
you got bad rep for sayin what? :confused:
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
you got bad rep for sayin what? :confused:
for pointin out its ma bfs mum and dad cant say nothin these days
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
for pointin out its ma bfs mum and dad cant say nothin these days
look on the bright side, at least your getting some kind of rep... i just seem to be ignored... .*sniff*
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
if u impress me il b nice to u... and giv u attention lol
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

No parents always think they know whats best for you. When i eventually moved into my own flat i've been ther happiest in my life. Before we used to argue ALL the time and now we get on great. What parents have to understand is they rule you till ur 16 then all they can do is advise you.....most parents dont get that!! But occasionally they are good for advice!
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

i can understand what u mean, but i reckon my parents are pretty good. I'm allowed to do what i want, as long as i ring them up to let them know that i'm ok.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Barman)
No parents always think they know whats best for you. When i eventually moved into my own flat i've been ther happiest in my life. Before we used to argue ALL the time and now we get on great. What parents have to understand is they rule you till ur 16 then all they can do is advise you.....most parents dont get that!! But occasionally they are good for advice!
well the bf is 16 and STILL has to do what he is told
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its the whole while your living under their roof you'll live by their rules thing. It sucks big time, but you have to put up with it because unfortunately at 16 you don't have many other choices.
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But thats because he hasn't moved out. There's an unwritten rule in most households that if you decide to continue living at home after ur 16th you abide by the same rules as before. What he needs to do id negotiate or move out, but if he decides to move out make sure the parents throw him out because that will entitle him to get a flat ALOT quicker....trust me i know! :rolleyes:
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
look on the bright side, at least your getting some kind of rep... i just seem to be ignored... .*sniff*
want to do a rep trade then, i'll give u some poss rep and u give me some poss rep.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hmm well it's good that he respects his parents, I think.

I'm 19 and while I'm living here I will respect their rules (well most of them)! My younger sister (14) is always showing off, complaining, arguing and shouting at my parents and it makes me sick how ungrateful and selfish she is.
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
Hmm well it's good that he respects his parents, I think.

I'm 19 and while I'm living here I will respect their rules (well most of them)! My younger sister (14) is always showing off, complaining, arguing and shouting at my parents and it makes me sick how ungrateful and selfish she is.
who????
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (120)
46.51%
Take exams next summer (36)
13.95%
Change uni choice through clearing (66)
25.58%
Apply to uni next year instead (24)
9.3%
I'm not applying to university (12)
4.65%

Watched Threads