Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

So there's this myth that guys prefer/ like virgins, is this actually true?

Or do you guys prefer females that have previous sexual experience?

And can guys tell/work out if a female is a virgin or not?...

Any help or guidance is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

So there's this myth that guys prefer/ like virgins, is this actually true?

Or do you guys prefer females that have previous sexual experience?

And can guys tell/work out if a female is a virgin or not?...

Any help or guidance is appreciated
    I think that's down to the individual guy what he likes. And well it hurts for the first time for a girl so he would have to be daft to not notice she's a virgin

ReputationRep:
    I would hands down prefer a lass with some experience, for several reasons:

- It wouldn't be right to 'expect' a virgin when I am myself not one.
    - Leads to a more enjoyable sex life with little of the immediate awkwardness.
    - The emotional immaturity that comes with being a virgin is a big factor I wish to avoid.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think the preference for virgins comes as a reaction to negative notions about women who have had multiple partners. For whatever reasons (evolutionary or cultural), men seem to prefer women who have had fewer partners, which perhaps is linked to the man's ego or feelings of dominance over his 'competitors'. It is a very base disposition that ought to be naturally uprooted through thoughtfulness.

ReputationRep:
    I personally cannot stand the thought of sleeping with a virgin and all the mess that comes with it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.