Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wisdom teeth issues... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so basically one of my wisdom teeth has been coming through for a while now, it hasn't really hurt that much for the first few months or so, but just recently it's started to hurt all the time. I'm worried there might be something wrong with the way it's growing or something, so I'll probably be getting it checked out pretty soon.

In the meantime though, I was wondering if there's anything specific I could take to get rid of this annoying pain in my mouth, or if anyone here could recommend anything decent?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    ambisol either gel or liquid... just makes it numb around that area... it's a god-send!

Edit: you can buy it in boots and quite possibly in superdrug

ReputationRep:
    Do a warm salt water rinse! It really does help with the pain - my dentist always recommended it to me when I was having problems with my wisdom teeth. (And it's free aha)

Just get a small glass of warm water and stir in half a teaspoon of salt or something. Maybe not even that much depending on the glass size. It's not nice, but the taste doesn't linger aha.

ReputationRep:
    Most importantly book to see the Dentist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    Yeah, so basically one of my wisdom teeth has been coming through for a while now, it hasn't really hurt that much for the first few months or so, but just recently it's started to hurt all the time. I'm worried there might be something wrong with the way it's growing or something, so I'll probably be getting it checked out pretty soon.

In the meantime though, I was wondering if there's anything specific I could take to get rid of this annoying pain in my mouth, or if anyone here could recommend anything decent?

Thanks
    Your dentist will take an x ray... In the mean time swirl with salt water and try holding a hot water bottle on your cheek

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll definitely try some of them out

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.