Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Last of Us is an upcoming survival horror action-adventure game developed by Naughty Dog for the PlayStation 3. It was officially revealed on December 10, 2011 during the Spike TV Video Game Awards and is scheduled for a worldwide release on June 14, 2013 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive.[3]

Anyone on here looking forward to this?

ReputationRep:
    I love anything Naughty dog do, Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted.

I'm waiting for the Uncharted racing game now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)

How is Jak and Daxter anyway? The HD collection tempted me a bit...

ReputationRep:
    Jak and Daxter didn't interest me, but I love the original Crash Bandicoots, I love the Uncharted series, and I think I'll love this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DL-6)
    How is Jak and Daxter anyway? The HD collection tempted me a bit...
    Well i liked it. But i played it when i was much younger so the HD collection was more of a nostalgia thing for me. If you liked Crash and platformer type games then this will appeal to you. It's a bit like crash but more in depth and better story/gameplay.

But it's nothing like their uncharted/last of us games now.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, I loved this when they showed it off at E3 last year (loved Beyond: Two Souls, too.). Can't wait for it to be released!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trails)
    Ohhh, I loved this when they showed it off at E3 last year (loved Beyond: Two Souls, too.). Can't wait for it to be released!
    Had to like that. Beyond: Two Souls looks amazing too I agree.

Anything Naughty Dog makes has a special sheen on it, and I hope they never close.

ReputationRep:
    This is a cool trailer too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    Had to like that. Beyond: Two Souls looks amazing too I agree.

Anything Naughty Dog makes has a special sheen on it, and I hope they never close.
    I completely agree.

ReputationRep:

Uncharted racing game???

Really looking forward to this! Everything that has been released looks great. Hope the campaign is long. Can't remember if there will be a multiplayer though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Uncharted racing game???
    Haha don't worry

What Naughty dog did was release Crash Bandicoot racing at the end of PS1 era, and then they released Jak racing game at the end of PS2 era, so there is a running joke that we'll see a Uncharted racing game at the end of the PS3 era.

ReputationRep:
    Haha don't worry

What Naughty dog did was release Crash Bandicoot racing at the end of PS1 era, and then they released Jak racing game at the end of PS2 era, so there is a running joke that we'll see a Uncharted racing game at the end of the PS3 era.
    Haha okay. Didn't know about the Jak racing game. Did kinda connect to the Crash Bandicoot game though.

ReputationRep:
    New trailer...

ReputationRep:
    Visually it looks as stunning as ever. I just hope with all the hype that has been around it the gameplay itself won't be disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    There's one aspect that will seriously hinder this game:

Violence against children is not allowed in games. Therefore we will know for sure that the young girl you look after will never get attacked, which could really take away from the atmosphere. Of course, the game will still be good because it is Naughty Dog, but they always seem to overlook some things that stop their games from achieving greatness. Things like Nathan Drake's insufferable personality, for example.

ReputationRep:
    I should probably look into this as Naughty Dog have done some of the best games I have ever that the honour of playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reapingunicorn32)
    I should probably look into this as Naughty Dog have done some of the best games I have ever that the honour of playing.
    GOTY for me.

Possibly Game of this Generation of Console too. There aren't many games that I've found to be so compelling.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    GOTY for me.

Possibly Game of this Generation of Console too. There aren't many games that I've found to be so compelling.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Outstanding game. On my 3rd playthrough...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.