Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you an Arts student or a Science student? Watch

  • View Poll Results: Are you an Arts student or a Science student?
    Arts
    22
    26.51%
    Science
    61
    73.49%

    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to see the composition of university students (or students to be) on TSR and see how representative they are of the UK.

    Currently there are around 1,147,000 students enrolled in full time higher education. Just shy of 60% of these are arts students doing a Ba, whilst the remainder, 40%, are science students doing a Bsc.
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    I'm a (prospective) physicist with an interest in linguistics. Hmm... science it is.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Biologist here
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    English

    Currently ~30% arts and ~70% science, contrasting sharply with the wider proportions you have given. Very interesting!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuerin)
    English

    Currently ~30% arts and ~70% science, contrasting sharply with the wider proportions you have given. Very interesting!
    Yes I thought it'd be more balanced than it is, but wasn't expecting a majority of arts students.

    I really don't know why everyone who has replied has been negged though
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Law here... Not sure where I fit in with Science or Art. Wheres the Humanities option!?
    • TSR Support Team
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    BSc (Hons) Computer Science.

    I'll go with science, as it deals with a lot of maths, physics, electronics, engineering etc. (though I suppose it depends which route you're taking, e.g. embedded systems, graphics, AI and robotics and such).
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Medical student in September
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discomposure)
    Biologist here
    lol I love that someone felt the need to neg this
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    You need more options.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Law here... Not sure where I fit in with Science or Art. Wheres the Humanities option!?
    Arts includes Humanities. If it just said Art, you wouldn't be either
    Offline

    12
    ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an Open degree...it could end up being either! If it is I have to choose which one I want...:eek:
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxSherlockxx)
    Medical student in September
    an art AND a science :ahee:
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    Social sciences here

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    Might not count because I'm an access student (further, not higher ed), but I'm a science student.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    Im studying an MSc but I do spend a lot of time doodling in lectures.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Modern Languages in September so Arts it is.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    Chemistry here :^_^:
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    I'm Fine Art and History of Art, Art and Humanities, so a proper Arts student
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    lol I love that someone felt the need to neg this
    Aha I know, it broke my heart :p:
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.