The Student Room Group

Anybody doing A2 AQA Sociology?

I am trying to revise for the exam from the AQA A2 Sociology revision text book.
TBH the book is too much....i am thinking of just revising from this revision guide which I am told is good. Anybody using it and also what are you using too revise from?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeed-A2-Sociology-Complete-Specification/dp/0954007980/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Reply 1
Original post by sammyvine
I am trying to revise for the exam from the AQA A2 Sociology revision text book.
TBH the book is too much....i am thinking of just revising from this revision guide which I am told is good. Anybody using it and also what are you using too revise from?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeed-A2-Sociology-Complete-Specification/dp/0954007980/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

That looks pretty good, Keith trobe did a talk at my school and was really helpful. I would recommend Ken Browne's textbook, its pretty much the God of sociology. My teacher, Jonathan Blundell, has written sections for it so we use it all the time in class and its really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by sophgrace95
That looks pretty good, Keith trobe did a talk at my school and was really helpful. I would recommend Ken Browne's textbook, its pretty much the God of sociology. My teacher, Jonathan Blundell, has written sections for it so we use it all the time in class and its really good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you post me a link to it?
Ahh never got to see Keith Trobe at my 6th form, damn : (

Also are using the main text book A2 Sociology, the complete course for the AQA specification? It's just so much to learn in two months:frown:
Reply 3
Can you post me a link to it?
Ahh never got to see Keith Trobe at my 6th form, damn : (

Also are using the main text book A2 Sociology, the complete course for the AQA specification? It's just so much to learn in two months:frown:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sociology-A2-AQA-Ken-Browne/dp/0745641903/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365198701&sr=8-3&keywords=jonathan+blundell

Its pricey but will have everything you need! Urm I'm not sure what you mean? We learn Crime and Deviance and Global Development :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sociology-A2-AQA-Ken-Browne/dp/0745641903/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365198701&sr=8-3&keywords=jonathan+blundell

Its pricey but will have everything you need! Urm I'm not sure what you mean? We learn Crime and Deviance and Global Development :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is great aswell, not as wordy haha :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Sociology-A2-Students-Book/dp/0748798323/ref=pd_sim_b_7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm AQA?

we are doing Crime and Deviance and Unit 3 is Religion?
Reply 6
Anybody else......?
Reply 7
Also when do you start doing past papers?
Reply 8
Erm AQA?

we are doing Crime and Deviance and Unit 3 is Religion?

Oh OK I think you can choose the second option :smile: and for past papers I'm going to start about 3 weeks before so I've had enough time to revise the content but then have got enough time to go over anything i didn't know from the papers :smile: but everyone's different I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Oh OK I think you can choose the second option :smile: and for past papers I'm going to start about 3 weeks before so I've had enough time to revise the content but then have got enough time to go over anything i didn't know from the papers :smile: but everyone's different I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmm so your not using a revision guide. your using your handouts.
Reply 10

I use this revision guide, it is excellent. It basically condenses information in a meaningful way from the textbook into the revision guide. I regret not using it properly for unit 3, and tbh I didn't really revise properly for it hence my C grade. However, this revision guide is great. I am using it atm to revise for crime and deviance and would strongly recommend it over any other revision guide to anybody!
Reply 11
Original post by nicole.94
I use this revision guide, it is excellent. It basically condenses information in a meaningful way from the textbook into the revision guide. I regret not using it properly for unit 3, and tbh I didn't really revise properly for it hence my C grade. However, this revision guide is great. I am using it atm to revise for crime and deviance and would strongly recommend it over any other revision guide to anybody!

Hey thanks for the reply! I am doing unit 3 and unit 4 in June and basically i know hardly anything!
The problem is i have the blue Sociology AQA Napier text book and the revision guide that we both have but not sure which one to revise from.
If i just use the revision guide, do you think it will be enough to get a grade A or do you think i should use the big AQA Sociology text book?
Reply 12
Hey thanks for the reply! I am doing unit 3 and unit 4 in June and basically i know hardly anything!
The problem is i have the blue Sociology AQA Napier text book and the revision guide that we both have but not sure which one to revise from.
If i just use the revision guide, do you think it will be enough to get a grade A or do you think i should use the big AQA Sociology text book?

I think the revision guide will be enough for crime and deviance, and MIC, but definitely fill out your knowledge with the theory section.

For beliefs, I think the revision guide will be enough on its own in my opinion.

Tbh, the main focus is AO2 for unit 4 and so if you have enough of that, an A grade is definitely within your grasp!
Reply 13
Original post by nicole.94
I think the revision guide will be enough for crime and deviance, and MIC, but definitely fill out your knowledge with the theory section.

For beliefs, I think the revision guide will be enough on its own in my opinion.

Tbh, the main focus is AO2 for unit 4 and so if you have enough of that, an A grade is definitely within your grasp!

Hmmm thanks for reply. See i haven't done any of the exam yet so i don't know.
I havent picked up the AQA Sociology big text book once yet so I'm gonna start revising today,
Really not sure if i should just revise with that revision guide or use the text book. The text book is so thick and so much to cover in little time tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending