Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can Raphael Varane become one of the best CB in the world watch

ReputationRep:
    in a few years he is playing great for Madrid this season

ReputationRep:
    He already is proving to be one of the best defenders in football, his age is scary, so without doubt he will be one of the, if not the, best defender in football.

ReputationRep:
    Easily, he's quite unlike any other defender I've seen at that age. If he keeps going, he could be the best (if he isn't already).

ReputationRep:
    Has amazing pace for someone of his size.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, don't think I've ever seen a defender so good at such a young age.

ReputationRep:
    He is just unbelievable I am very happy that we signed him for a cheap price imagine he was playing for another club and we had to buy him he would have cost about £50m.

ReputationRep:
    Only CB who I think can match him for speed is Thiago Silva. He's well on his way to becoming one of the best Varane. So it's a yes from me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Incredible talent, not a surprise that every top team in Europe was after him. He's got pretty much everything you could possibly want from a CB. I'd put him on the level of Thiago Silva currently and I'd say he'll be the best CB in the world within a year or two.

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Only CB who I think can match him for speed is Thiago Silva. He's well on his way to becoming one of the best Varane. So it's a yes from me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sergio Ramos is as fast as Thiago Silva if not faster. But yeah, Varane is really fast for his size and frame.

Well, there could be a point in time where we Madrid have the two best CBs in the world in Ramos and Varane. Not to mention Pepe isn't bad either. And the funny thing is that Pepe was handed the responsibility of personally mentoring Varane ever since he joined. Its cost him his place now. But he isn't sad one bit, he's a team man.

ReputationRep:
    He's not the best yet but he looks likely to become one of the best.

At the moment, I think Thiago Silva is the best CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HRH2)
    Well, there could be a point in time where we Madrid have the two best CBs in the world in Ramos and Varane. Not to mention Pepe isn't bad either. And the funny thing is that Pepe was handed the responsibility of personally mentoring Varane ever since he joined. It's cost him his place now. But he isn't sad one bit, he's a team man.
    Lol, Pepe as a mentor.

"Some like to score goals, I like to kill people"

ReputationRep:
    Certainly, considering the start he's had to his career it would be very disappointing if he didn't. Scary to think that he's two years younger than me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having difficulty comprehending how good he is at his current age. Amazing.

ReputationRep:
    He's already top5 in Europe and he has absolutely everything a defender needs. Scary to think what he'll be like in 5 years time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HRH2)
    Well, there could be a point in time where we Madrid have the two best CBs in the world in Ramos and Varane. Not to mention Pepe isn't bad either. And the funny thing is that Pepe was handed the responsibility of personally mentoring Varane ever since he joined. Its cost him his place now. But he isn't sad one bit, he's a team man.
    Ramos is massively overrated :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Ramos is massively overrated :dontknow:
    I think pepe is. Ramos is good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely, he already is. Can see him being the best in Europe in about 4/5 years time. He's had some fantastic performances this season.

ReputationRep:
    Easily. Taken pepe out the team who was very good last season, managed the likes of van persie with ease why not. Kids a phenomenon. Only young CB that's comparable to the kid is nastasic.
    (Original post by Muckoz)
    I think pepe is. Ramos is good.
    If ramos knew how to get to his man in set pieces then I'd say he was as good as you suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Easily. Taken pepe out the team who was very good last season, managed the likes of van persie with ease why not. Kids a phenomenon. Only young CB that's comparable to the kid is nastasic.

If ramos knew how to get to his man in set pieces then I'd say he was as good as you suggest.
    I think Ramos is good but hes so damn rash. With Spain I'd say hes not as rash as he normally is with Madrid.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 10, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.