Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've basically covered chapters 1-6 so chapters 7-9 are left.

My S1 exam is on May 17th so would it be possible for me to cover the last three chapters in this time?

ReputationRep:
    I self taught S1 too. Depends how much you study per day, but it is doable for sure. I studied around 3 hours a day for it (but then more the final 2 or 3 weeks)

ReputationRep:
    Chapter 7 is fairly easy, regression. Chapter 8 is pretty straight forward with the discrete random variables. Chapter 9 may take a bit more work on the normal distribution.
    So yeah, could literally be done in just over a week, more or less than that depending on your work rate.

Edit: Assuming you're taking it with edexcel since that's the date for theirs

ReputationRep:
    I'm self-teaching D1. It's tedious but possible.

ReputationRep:
    wat book u studying from??

ReputationRep:
    well i did m1 in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much self studied since my teacher did nothing. However make sure you are doing past papers within 3weeks before the exam don't rush anything but don't be slow either. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    wat book u studying from??
    The one with "Edexcel AS and A-Level Modular Mathematics" on the front. A red and yellow one I believe.

It's just that I'm very worried about S1 since I've only just started studying it seriously. Thank you everyone, it has certainly relieved me of most of my worries.

ReputationRep:
    DEFINITELY. I was on a U/E in class, I crammed everything in 2 weeks before the exam and got an A in the exam. Some people just work better with pressure and by themselves.

ReputationRep:
    That means I need to self teach myself because I am failing S1 so badly. My teacher does the chapters in random order and doesn't even tell us which chapter he's teaching and now we need to do chapter 9 on our own, which is the hardest chapter?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Regression will take 2 hours.
    Discrete random variables will take 1 hour.
    Normal distribution will take 3 hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.