Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to stop waiting and worrying about someone replying? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do I just forget about a guy I'm seeing texting me? I'm starting to really quite like him and I always worry so much when he doesn't text me back particularly when it's hours or maybe a day before he gets back to me..as I feel like it means he isn't interested and that he's stopping contact. I try to keep myself busy but it doesn't seem to work and I have a lot of uni work to do at the minute so I really wish I would stop worrying about it, particularly if he does infact stop contacting me altogether! Any advice/insights?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly you've gotta try and stop worrying... easier said than done I know! Try finding someone else to text, any friend will do. And like you said, try and keep yourself busy, keep in contact with other people, that way you aren't focused on him

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat, except I've not heard from him since sunday... Pretty sure he's not interested any more Which confuses me because it seemed like it was going really well :dunno:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scotty Bear)
    Firstly you've gotta try and stop worrying... easier said than done I know! Try finding someone else to text, any friend will do. And like you said, try and keep yourself busy, keep in contact with other people, that way you aren't focused on him
    thanks for the advice..yes this is true, worrying really doesn't do any good at the end of the day, it's not like it's going to help the situation, its annoying though when you like someone and you don't know why they've just stopped talking to you :/ I don't get it. mmm yeah good idea, though I must admit I hate hearing my phone go off then me unlocking it to see that messages I have gotten are infact my friends replying and not him lol I just wish I knew if I should be worrying or whether he's just busy.. *sigh* not knowing what the other person is thinking is exhausting!

(Original post by Harley)
    I'm in the same boat, except I've not heard from him since sunday... Pretty sure he's not interested any more Which confuses me because it seemed like it was going really well :dunno:
    Ugh it's the most annoying thing ever isn't it? I think I'm even more worried than I usually would be about this sort of thing aswell because the last guy I was seeing and texting everyday in this sort of way..all of sudden asked me what I wanted from it and I in one way or another essentially said him..and he basically said he apparently wasn't sure and long story short it became a ahem..'friends' situation.. and not too long after my facebook newsfeed tells me he's in a relationship with someone else and just before that happened his messages were less close together. I guess when this new guy doesn't text me back I feel like something similar is going to happen :/ it's amazing how one little thing can knock your confidence so much...

But yeah I don't know what to think..like is he just busy or is he actually not interested..so annoying! so yeah I feel your pain I just wish I wouldn't waste my time like this and see it as some fun and enjoy it if he does text me

gosh. i just find it rather irksome when that happens. i appreciate it's not their fault but still. however i suggest you get another friend to text to preoccupy yourself with. moreover try to see him in real life more often if yiu can. G'luck and junk

gosh. i just find it rather irksome when that happens. i appreciate it's not their fault but still. however i suggest you get another friend to text to preoccupy yourself with. moreover try to see him in real life more often if yiu can. G'luck and junk

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.