Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to break it to my family that I am bisexual? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago, I told my dad that I'm bisexual. My dad was perfectly fine about it and told me that he loved me. No one else in my family knows about my orientation. My dad has been hinting to my mum about my orientation but has not told her the truth. After having a word with my mum about it, it's been decided that he will have a word with me when I return home after my holiday in France. I have two days of my holiday in France left and I'm worried about this already.

I don't know how my family will react, especially my Chinese family which I am most worried about. I don't know how I will also break it to the rest of the family once my mum knows that I'm bisexual.

Please, can anyone give me advice? I don't know what to do and I'm worried about my other family members' reactions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I waited some time with telling my sexual orientation to family , but with that i could not live, then my family found out about it one day, and a can of worms opened up all of a sudden,,, All the family started to talk about me ( and not always positive thus ) For some time i tried seeing my family, but that one day stopped, they just kept on stressing me out...

Well thats my story, perhaps ur family is different as mine,,,,,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.