Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would You Rather Be Gay, Morbidly Obese, Blind or 3 ft 2? Watch

• View Poll Results: What Would You Rather Be?
    Gay.
    76.19%
    Morbidly obese.
    16.33%
    Blind.
    0.68%
    3 ft 2.
    6.80%

ReputationRep:
    Passing over the little details and also presuming that you are not gay, or morbidly obese or fat or blind right now; which would you rather be, were you forced to choose one from the following four options:

1. Gay.

2. Morbidly obese.

3. Blind.

4. 3 ft 2.

Which one?

DISCLAIMER:

Spoiler:
    Show

All four options have nothing in common. They were chosen randomly and without prejudice. One option being alongside another and in the same group of choices does not suggest any prejudice on the part of the OP or suggest a link between them or suggest they have one quality which makes them qualify to be in a hypothetical group. These options are random and are not linked.

POST-DISCLAIMER:

To dispel any suspicions that I could be implying that being gay is a disability or most detestable, I would like to point out that I myself chose "Gay". Having said that and regardless of the disclaimer above to cover my back, I realise that it was an error of judgment on my part to put "Gay" in the same list of choices as the above due to its highly politicized nature - but it was too late to change the poll options (as you can't on TSR).

ReputationRep:
    Gay

The question kind of implies that it's a disability though

What would your choice be OP?

ReputationRep:
    Easy.

Morbidly obese then lose the weight.

ReputationRep:
    GAYYYY
    They have so much fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    Easy.

Sounds like hard work

Also you'd still have half your bodyweight in skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    Gay

The question kind of implies that it's a disability though.
    Precisely why I put in the disclaimer.

But upon reading it, I decided that maybe it wasn't the wisest choice to put in "Gay" as some trigger-happy Mod or offended person could result in the thread being deleted. But whilst I could change the thread and its title, I can't change the poll options.

Having said that, I did not imply anything - hence the Disclaimer.

ReputationRep:
    So a homosexual blind dwarf..... :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    So a homosexual blind dwarf..... :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No - a morbidly obese homosexual blind dwarf.

ReputationRep:
    Obese because you can change yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Gay. There are lots of reasons to say why, but one of the most significant is that choosing any other option would render me incapable of playing football. (Blind football is a worthwhile and good sport, of course, but it's not the same, and I wouldn't be able to play it with my friends). Kinda shows that this is a stupid question really, because it's obvious that being gay is not a problem (unless you have intolerant friends/family, but in that case the problem is with them), while the other choices are problematic.

Saying that, I'm not sure whether the choice here is, as in, tomorrow I'd wake up and suddenly be gay/fat/short/blind, or which I would rather be in general. If it's the former, then I guess choosing the option of becoming gay would entail splitting up with my girlfriend (is it bad that I thought about football first?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Precisely why I put in the disclaimer.

But upon reading it, I decided that maybe it wasn't the wisest choice to put in "Gay" as some trigger-happy Mod or offended person could result in the thread being deleted. But whilst I could change the thread and its title, I can't change the poll options.

Having said that, I did not imply anything - hence the Disclaimer.
    I did read the disclaimer.

Fair enough. I guess it will be interesting because personally I can't imagine anyone choosing anything but gay.
    Unless maybe their whole family would never speak to them again?

ReputationRep:
    Gay

The question kind of implies that it's a disability though

What would your choice be OP?
    Just saw your edit - see my now edited OP.

ReputationRep:
    Easy.

you'd still have massive bags of skin. when enormous people lose loads of weight their skin doesn't shrink, it stays baggy.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like hard work

Also you'd still have half your bodyweight in skin

(Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    you'd still have massive bags of skin. when enormous people lose loads of weight their skin doesn't shrink, it stays baggy.
    I'm a very active person as it is. I wouldn't find it hard at all, it'll be a fun challenge. Plus after I lose all the weight I'll probably get surgery to remove the extra skin.

I've always wondered what it feels like to be fat. I eat like a horse and don't get fat. Though my brother has been saying for years, that as soon as my metabolism slows / if I get injured rendering me unable to practice sports or workout then I'll become the next 1 tonne man. :/

Morbildly obese probably hopefully I get don't jinxed here

ReputationRep:
    I'm a very active person as it is. I wouldn't find it hard at all, it'll be a fun challenge. Plus after I lose all the weight I'll probably get surgery to remove the extra skin.

I've always wondered what it feels like to be fat. I eat like a horse and don't get fat. Though my brother has been saying for years, that as soon as my metabolism slows / if I get injured rendering me unable to practice sports or workout then I'll become the next 1 tonne man. :/
    That is of course if you don't suffer a heart attack whilst trying to lose all that weight.

ReputationRep:
    That is of course if you don't suffer a heart attack whilst trying to lose all that weight.
    Aha true.

I'll keep it steady at the start like walking to McDonalds instead of driving. Don't want to over exert my heart, it's a large task to deal with already.

ReputationRep:

I reckon being fat just feels like being really tired and breathless all the time. I'm pretty active person but I'm not sure I'd be that into exercise if I had to lug around another 10 stone or so.
    Also when you started out you probably wouldn't even be able to walk up a flight of stairs. It'd be a while before you'd be able to run or play sports.

I dunno, it seems pretty horrible.
    Maybe it's just because I've spent years trying to make sure I'm not fat

ReputationRep:
    All four options have nothing in common. They were chosen randomly and without prejudice. One option being alongside another and in the same group of choices does not suggest any prejudice on the part of the OP or suggest a link between them or suggest they have one quality which makes them qualify to be in a hypothetical group. These options are random and are not linked.[/I]
    Then there is no point. For someone that comes up with these on a regular basis you are terrible at them. Utterly terrible. You have not come up with a single one that has provoked thought, or even a funny discussion.

I'm not even sure I'm most offended by gay being thrown in there casually as one of the options; heaven save the poor ****ers that are blind or short as we discuss how little we want to be them.

ReputationRep:
    Morbidly Obese - No, it wouldn't suit my personality at all, I could never allow myself to be that dangerously overweight and I have health anxiety issues which would only be exacerbated if I was morbidly obese, obviously.

Blind - No, I commend blind people on how they continue to live their lives with the functionality that they do but I feel that my quality of life would be diminished if I were blind.

3 Ft 2 - Just not very practical, probably my second choice.

Gay - I'd choose this one, mainly on the basis that my quality of life would more than likely stay the same if I was gay, if not increase. Gay seems like the obvious choice for me and so it seems, many other people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.