Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

cant seem to find a boyfriend watch

Announcements

ok, so im 23 and in my last year at uni. ive been out with a few guys (short term- longest 3 months), but thats it.

im just not sure what im doing wrong or why i have such bad luck.

its hard to meet guys, my course is basically all girls, and all my friends who are guys either have girlfriends or are gay. so my main way of meeting guys is on nights out really.

im fairly attractive, i do get a lot of attention from guys when out, but they all just seem to want one thing. i dont dress like a **** or act like one, but they just all seem to want that.

i just dont get it. im not being shallow but i know girls who are really ugly who can seem to meet nice guys and girls who are horrible people who can too.

im quite a nice person, im fun to be with and i get on with guys really well- i even like a lot of things that guys do.

so i just dont get what im doing wrong. im fairly picky but not unreasonably.

ReputationRep:
    Why happened to the guys that you've been out with? How did that end? Did they lose interest or did you?

ReputationRep:
    STOP LOOKING, you always find what your looking for when your not thinking about it!
    Honestly, relax forget about it you will find someone you just have to wait and enjoy your single life till you find Mr Right.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to those you were dating? I think if you go out in search of a boyfriend you're not going to find one - just relax and go out and have fun and the right guy will come along. Its more the waiting game you have to play.

ReputationRep:
    Yup stop looking for that "one person" and just get to know alot more people. Therefore you might find you start liking one of them. Basically increase the number of people you interact with, and you will increase the chances of finding the one for you.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably better off for it to be honest haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok, so im 23 and in my last year at uni. ive been out with a few guys (short term- longest 3 months), but thats it.

its hard to meet guys, my course is basically all girls, and all my friends who are guys either have girlfriends or are gay. so my main way of meeting guys is on nights out really.

im fairly attractive, i do get a lot of attention from guys when out, but they all just seem to want one thing. i dont dress like a **** or act like one, but they just all seem to want that.

i just dont get it. im not being shallow but i know girls who are really ugly who can seem to meet nice guys and girls who are horrible people who can too.

im quite a nice person, im fun to be with and i get on with guys really well- i even like a lot of things that guys do.

I'm in the same postion exepct that i'm looking for girls, but my problems are all the same (no girls on my course etc.) my advice maybe join a club which has a good percentage of guys in (make sure you enjoy it) Rock Climbing, Martial Arts or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the fact youve been out with a few guys definitely means your not fussy!

I have been single over a year and I have been VERY fussy i.e. not dated anyone lol. Then all of a sudden I met someone through another friend who I just clicked with- so much in common, hes like my double. And now we're seeing each other.

And Im almost 23 btw, so yeah, dont drop your standards. But your main problem is that your trying to find a boyfriend. Let them come to you, let it be natural and dont be desperate to be in a relationship. You will get someone, it just takes time.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's so cliché but it will happen when you're not looking for it. I was single for 2 years when I was 22/23 and for the first year I swore off guys but for the majority of the second year I was actively looking for a boyfriend. I even joined dating websites and would date really unsuitable guys just incase it turned out right....which it never did. I'd plan my life around meeting guys, hoping that even the next trip to the supermarket could result in me meeting someone. However, it wasn't untill I was in a situation where I didn't even consider it possible to meet someone (while staying with a friend and at a pub in the tiny village she lives in) that I actually met my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Rather than assuming all these guys want sex (which you shouldn't actually view as a bad thing) simply give them your number and meet for coffee to vet them outside of the drunken environment with their friends.

ReputationRep:
    (I know this isn't helpful but I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought "did you check down the back of the sofa?")

But on a serious note I doubt you're doing anything wrong and reckon you'll find a guy eventually.

As my old dad used to say, "if those munters on the Jeremy Kyle Show can get laid I'm quite sure you can".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.