Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    CAn anyone give me some suggestions on which school will be better for Biological sciences? The reputation and overall ranking of Imperial is definitely higher but I would like to know if in term of Biology? My dad is saying that he thinks the US is better in sciences and so he thinks BU is better to study Biology than Imperial. What do you guys think? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kok1223)
    CAn anyone give me some suggestions on which school will be better for Biological sciences? The reputation and overall ranking of Imperial is definitely higher but I would like to know if in term of Biology? My dad is saying that he thinks the US is better in sciences and so he thinks BU is better to study Biology than Imperial. What do you guys think? Thanks
    I would take Imperial. BU is a good university but not at the level of Imperial. I would stick with Imperial. The US definitely will provide you with more choice in terms of switching your degree or etc. which can be good or bad depending on your circumstances.

Also, you will find a lot more pre-med's in BU than in Imperial. In the US, medical school is a postgraduate degree so many people who want to become doctors will do a biological sciences degree for their undergrad. These people are notoriously competitive and so you might find competition there higher than you would normally expect.

ReputationRep:
    BU doesn't even make the top 30 in any US college ranking.

Imperial is up there with Columbia, Cornell, Princeton, etc.

As far as I'm concerned, it's only worth going to the US if you have a shot at an Ivy or Public Ivy.

ReputationRep:
    My dad is saying that he thinks the US is better in sciences and so he thinks BU is better to study Biology than Imperial. What do you guys think? Thanks
    The US is better at everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RtGOAT)
    The US is better at everything.
    No.

Imperial, as OP said, has better rankings and reputation. It will also be cheaper assuming you're from the UK. Also London is a much better city than Boston in almost every way.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I think it's hilarious:badger:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.