Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Haven't had sex with girlfriend but been together 14 months Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    well you've put 14 months into this already, no point in quitting now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thediamondsky)
    just wish we could take the step that makes our relationship an adult one.
    Just my opinion, but I thought any relationship of the romantic/non-platonic kind IS an adult relationship..you don't need sex to 'prove' that or give you confidence that it is Also, pushing for the cause with her won't help..it could just push her away :/ Maybe it's more likely to happen when you're not long-distance. For alot of girls, there's alot of emotion attached, so she MIGHT not want to go to that step because she feels like she won't be able to accept being so far from you after that event happens..maybe she'll be more willing if/when the relationship is short distance? I don't know, just my 2 cents

ReputationRep:

Don't worry about it too much mate. My bird and I waited around 13ish months I think. I was born ready but she said she'd like to wait cause she'd never done it before (neither had I). We started dating at 17 so yeah. I kind of was getting restless about it after say month 8 or so, but I kept it to myself. Kind of glad we waited. If you really care about her (sounds like you do), don't worry about it, it'll happen soon enough, and she'll always respect and love you for not pressing her on this.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of girls need a friend, and for that fact they sometimes take a lover, but dont have sex with them and then they are happy becuase they have a friend..... Its not really baaaad to have a GF who doesnt want sex with u, i had this one time, and i liked it somehow, but other guys will say "Forget this messy sh**** and i go somewhere else to find a new girl...

Did u ever try to talk to her and ask "hey why dont u want sex with me? Dont u think i am sexy??" , if u ask that she has to put some cards on the table....

ReputationRep:
    Damn son, I feel bad for your penis right now strong no homo

ReputationRep:
    As Gregg Wallace would say:

'Get your pudding spoon out and man up'

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    As Gregg Wallace would say:

'Get your pudding spoon out and man up'

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    That man has a fascination with puddings :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have left her ages ago mate not to mention you're in a ldr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to rush but have you been completely open about it when you are together? I mean, it's great being open when you are apart but being open together is important

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tell her some romancer scene of movies!!!!!1 and wait more dear

ReputationRep:
    haha dont worry

ReputationRep:
    That's nothing! My brother has so far waited 3 and a half years for his girlfriend to take that step and their relationship is amazing! I wouldn't worry, so t pressure her or she won't enjoy it as much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't pressure her, just be patient?

ReputationRep:
    You're 18. Your relationship is not going to resemble a mature adult relationship whether you have sex or not.

ReputationRep:
    You should feel proud of yourself, you have not been swayed by leftist propaganda that sex outside marriage is good - it is the path that leads to hell. Try and stay true to yourself and love God with all your heart, if you and your gf are meant to be he will make it so, and once in the blessed union of marriage you will experience true love.

ReputationRep:
    that's not a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship that right there is marriage!

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever had a proper discussion about this? She says she is not ready, but has she ever elaborated on this statement? The fact that she has been intimate with you in other ways but has refused to have sex may indicate that she has some underlying issues with sex.

The thing that worries me here is that she says that she 'might' eventually want sex. The girl is entitled to want what she likes and has no obligation to sleep with you, but surely after 14 months she should know whether it is simply a reservation about sex in general or a reservation about sex with YOU? Be prepared for it not actually ever happening. Is that something you can deal with? Sex is very important for some people and less so for others. There is no right or wrong answer here. Don't let people make you feel bad for deeming sex an important or essential part of a relationship. If sex for you is a deal-breaker, then so be it and you find someone who is on the same page as you.

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken about it at all?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.