Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there something wrong with me for feeling this way? Watch

Basically, after being friends with this guy for over a year(while crushing on him hard) he confessed to me that he liked me. So we're giving it a go. Taking things slow to see how it goes. He's told a mutual friend of mine that he can see us getting in relationship. Okay, great. He's quite closed off and guarded though. I can be the same way but I like to think that I try not to be.

Anyway, our friends and I were under the impression that he's never had a girlfriend or been in any kind of real relationship. So I was attributing that to the fact as to maybe that's why he's so closed off. So what do I do? Probably only the most awful thing I can: Facebook creep the **** outta him.

I find lots of old pictures of him with this girl. At first, I didn't think anything of it or the girl to be honest because she's in a lot more recent pictures but I thought they were always just friends. But it seems they use to have a thing. While looking at the pictures, I see him laughing, having a good time, and etc. I think I feel a little jealous. Maybe because I want him to be that way with me but instead he's a little more awkward... It's making me feel like our 'relationship' is doomed from the start.

Should I talk to him about it? Give it time? Is this even normal? Am I completely psycho?

ReputationRep:
    I take it that you're in the very early stages of a relationship, or rather warming towards a relationship?

If that's the case, I would simply give it time and see what happens. It's entirely normal to have concerns and, though few of us will admit to it, almost all of us have done some form of 'creeping' on Facebook and such.

You must also consider the nature of that previous relationship and the context of the pictures. Is he posing for them, or are they taken without him knowing/being prepared? People obviously look happier when they know they're having a photo taken.

Similarly, who knows how that relationship ended? Perhaps it was badly, and hence his reluctance to express himself. Or maybe he's just someone who takes time to get really comfortable.

There are plenty of questions here, which will only be answered if you feel it's worth giving the relationship time to develop. Certainly it's premature to consider the potential relationship 'doomed'. The fact he confessed his feelings for you is a good sign, after all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.