Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically, last June, my mum bought me the HTC One S from T-Mobile as well as a 3G SIM card, yet up to this day, I've never been able to connect to a 3G network, even though the area I live in is rated 'very good' in terms of 3G coverage according to their street check. I first noticed this issue a few weeks ago, when my friends would mock me about my insanely slow internet & my phone, so I dis some researching and realised that I was only able to connect to a 2G network, if I turned on 'WCDMA only' on my phone, my internet would just not work, whereas if I turned on 'GSM only', bam, 2G connection. I've tried changing the APN settings, no luck, emailing/calling them, no help, and I'm at a lost because its unfair that my mum should be paying for a service I'm not been allowed access.

Basically what I'm wondering is what should I do know? If I do decide to confront T-Mobile (or EE), what should they do for me?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    May be because your phone doesn't support 3G

As far as I knew anything beside Three was using 2g and jumped straight to 4g or will be...

My phone also don't support 3G from tmob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prolite)
    May be because your phone doesn't support 3G

As far as I knew anything beside Three was using 2g and jumped straight to 4g or will be...

My phone also don't support 3G from tmob
    My phone definitely supports 3G on T-Mobile though, I know a few people who are connected to 3G networks with my phone on T-Mobile. Do you think its worth anything for me to visit my EE store about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    My phone definitely supports 3G on T-Mobile though, I know a few people who are connected to 3G networks with my phone on T-Mobile. Do you think its worth anything for me to visit my EE store about?
    Yep, you've exhausted any checks I would do at your end so it may be a case that they are restricting you at theirs for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Yep, you've exhausted any checks I would do at your end so it may be a case that they are restricting you at theirs for some reason.
    I think that may be it, but I'm just annoyed it seems like its only me. I'm still insured, but I don't know whether this is covered in the claim. I think I may visit my EE store and at least ask for a new SIM/replacement phone, because the 2G is just wasting my data

ReputationRep:
    id get your phone checked over in store to make sure there isnt a fault with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    id get your phone checked over in store to make sure there isnt a fault with it
    Thank you, I'll probably do that. Do you know what they would/should do if there is an error?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I'll probably do that. Do you know what they would/should do if there is an error?
    If its still under warrenty they should repair it in store free of charge, otherwise they may replace it.. thats what happened with my phone when it kept dying although it was a different problem. If it turns out to be a network issue though from friends accounts it may well be tough titty im afraid.
    If the store fails to act you might be able to get it under insurance otherwise you may have to take it to [pardon the racial stereotype] one of the Indian phone stores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    If its still under warrenty they should repair it in store free of charge, otherwise they may replace it.. thats what happened with my phone when it kept dying although it was a different problem. If it turns out to be a network issue though from friends accounts it may well be tough titty im afraid.
    If the store fails to act you might be able to get it under insurance otherwise you may have to take it to [pardon the racial stereotype] one of the Indian phone stores
    I've got a 24 month warranty on my phone and 12 months on accessories. Hopefully, they'll be able to do that, if not, I'm screwed I guess. Do you not think they'd offer a replacement phone?

Haha. Yeah I know what you mean, although I've always tried to avoid unblocking my phone.

This is the last time I'm getting a phone on T-Mobile, their service is not good enough tbh.

1 more question, because I've got 12 months warranty on accessories, do you think I'd be able to take my charger/case/headphones to the store for repair or replacement, since all 3 are damaged. They were all purchased/given at the same time as my phone

ReputationRep:
    Depends how they were damaged. If they've been smashed or something then no. If they still work then no. If they look "normal" but just don't work then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    Depends how they were damaged. If they've been smashed or something then no. If they still work then no. If they look "normal" but just don't work then yes.
    My case, fair enough was my fault, I was trying to take it off my phone and snapped.

My headphones just stopped working, both sides.

My charger, well you can check that out Name:  1365246130515.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  21.0 KB
    That wasn't damaged by me or anyone else, so that's still a mystery to me. I know that one will be hard to explain though.

ReputationRep:
    My case, fair enough was my fault, I was trying to take it off my phone and snapped.

My headphones just stopped working, both sides.

My charger, well you can check that out Name:  1365246130515.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  21.0 KB
    That wasn't damaged by me or anyone else, so that's still a mystery to me. I know that one will be hard to explain though.
    You might be able to get your case exchanged if you say that you didn't apply any excessive force etc.
    Headphones will get replaced.

You really don't know what happened with the charger? Looks pretty major lol. If it's just a microUSB cable with a mains adapter, you can get a new one off ebay for a couple of quid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    You might be able to get your case exchanged if you say that you didn't apply any excessive force etc.
    Headphones will get replaced.

You really don't know what happened with the charger? Looks pretty major lol. If it's just a microUSB cable with a mains adapter, you can get a new one off ebay for a couple of quid.
    Alright, thank you a lot

I know, I can't not know, I think its because of how I left it over nights, can't be sure though. And yeah, believe me, I've bought like 3, they all end up broken and don't work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.