Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get past this weird jealousy feeling? Watch

Since I can remember, for some reason or other, I get jealous over the stupidest of reasons. For example, my girlfriend was in work last night and I stayed in. I was really tired from work so went to bed early, but when I woke up I had a text from her saying she had gone out drinking after work. Now, I feel a weird sense of jealousy - not that she is going out with other guys or anything, but the fact she had fun last night and I didn't.

Also, I sometimes get jealous with things she has done with other guys. I have a more... extensive... sexual history than her and yet, when she talks about the guys she has done stuff with (who she still hangs around with), I get this feeling of moody jealousy, even though she had rejected them to be with me.

Anybody have tips to stop me being such a little *****?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried telling her how you feel?just try not to think too much into things.

(Original post by queen-bee)
    Have you tried telling her how you feel?just try not to think too much into things.
    Nah I wouldn't want to tell her, all that'll do is worry about going out/not go out, which I don't want to do.

To be honest, I know there is no real answer other than to just get over it, I'm more just venting frustrations about myself...

ReputationRep:
    Well there you go then...you've find your solution!just relax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Since I can remember, for some reason or other, I get jealous over the stupidest of reasons. For example, my girlfriend was in work last night and I stayed in. I was really tired from work so went to bed early, but when I woke up I had a text from her saying she had gone out drinking after work. Now, I feel a weird sense of jealousy - not that she is going out with other guys or anything, but the fact she had fun last night and I didn't.

Also, I sometimes get jealous with things she has done with other guys. I have a more... extensive... sexual history than her and yet, when she talks about the guys she has done stuff with (who she still hangs around with), I get this feeling of moody jealousy, even though she had rejected them to be with me.

Anybody have tips to stop me being such a little *****?
    I used to feel like this! I was with my ex, who worked at a bar/restaurant and I worked at Asda. This restaurant held quite a few parties and he'd sometimes stay with his friends after work and have drinks in this fun atmosphere, and he'd tell me all about how fun it was etc. I used to get really jealous of him and I'd end up picking fights with him over little things :/

Now, if my current boyfriend ever goes out while I'm bored or lonely or whatever I just try to tell myself that he deserves a girlfriend who is happy that he is going out and having fun! That usually eases the jealous feeling off haha

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, if shes back in the bed with you at night then you have nothing to worry about Just be chill, if you trust her then no need to worry

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.