The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Guys this is a totally random concern but I don't know what other thread to put it on so i'll ask here. For my f212 OCR exam, I asked for additional paper to write on without reallising that OCR leave space in the back for extra space. The exam invigilator gave me an extra sheet anyway and I wrote up some of my answers on there. I then put the sheet inside my answer booklet and handed it in like everyone else.

Do you think it'll be ok that I didn't use the extra space in the back instead? For edexcel they have hole punched answer booklets because extra sheets are attached, but here nothing was hole punched, I just put my extra sheet in the booklet. I've been feeling scared that it might get lost/ignored or something.

Anyone reassure me please?
Original post by GCSE-help
Guys this is a totally random concern but I don't know what other thread to put it on so i'll ask here. For my f212 OCR exam, I asked for additional paper to write on without reallising that OCR leave space in the back for extra space. The exam invigilator gave me an extra sheet anyway and I wrote up some of my answers on there. I then put the sheet inside my answer booklet and handed it in like everyone else.

Do you think it'll be ok that I didn't use the extra space in the back instead? For edexcel they have hole punched answer booklets because extra sheets are attached, but here nothing was hole punched, I just put my extra sheet in the booklet. I've been feeling scared that it might get lost/ignored or something.

Anyone reassure me please?

The invigilators check through to check the candidate name and such are on there so they SHOULD(i think they get checked by exams officer too) attach it and add your candidate/centre numbers anyway. If you didn't use the extra space it was a silly mistake but i can't see the exam board being too picky as long as you wrote it somewhere :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's the first exam I've ever had where I've been asked to do a crossword... In a gcse what a joke haha :tongue:
Reply 683
The saddening thing is I almost couldn't complete the crossword which was arguably the easiest gcse question ever :lol:
Reply 684
That question about the anti spray thingy,i said that the spray stops the insulator material in the trampoline from being charged(and then rambled on) do i get the 2 marks??
For the voltage/ current curved graph was the item in the box a filament bulb? Also what was the crossword? Helium, neutrons and rods?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the question (in the p6 section) about what the component in the box was, I put a bulb. For some reason I knew it would probably be diode but I just had a brain fart or something:s-smilie:.
Also, where it talked about the small components and their disadvantages I put - smaller so dissipates more heat and also, smaller therefore offers less resistance due to quantum tunneling. Is this correct, thanks in advance!
For the question on working out the resistance at 1m, did you have to extend the line of best fit and then use that in the question?

And for the second part, on what would happen if the wire was made thinner, did you draw another line on the graph that was steeper?

:smile:
Reply 688
Original post by BP_Tranquility
For the question on working out the resistance at 1m, did you have to extend the line of best fit and then use that in the question?

And for the second part, on what would happen if the wire was made thinner, did you draw another line on the graph that was steeper?

I did the same for both.

what did everyone get for the last question asking why its unwise to wait until she travels the distance mentioned above?
Reply 689
Original post by BP_Tranquility

I drew a seperate steeped line that started from 0. At the end there were two lines on the graph. Is thia Correct??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 690
And is it me or was the bridge rectifying circuit question really confusing? What were they asking for? All I did was mapped out the routes the current would take, and showed it passed through the component/resistor the same direction both times.

And the 1 marker on capacitors... I did way too much for that 1 mark - thought it was more
Reply 691
Original post by Notirem
What did you guys get for the critical angle one where you had to pick one from the table, I said hlass (acrylic). Also for the transformera I just wrote how transformers work and hat the secondary coil has less turns, what do u think id get out of 6? And for the crossword, I did the other three and I knew that the missing one day was temperature but I didnt write it on the crossword but in the sentence with wrong spelling, full marks or only one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the critical angle, I picked the one that had "trisulphide" in it (it was one of the glasses)
The transformers, I did the same, but I worked out the current of the second coil, not the number of turns.
If you wrote the answer on the lines, I'm sure they will credit it - but not sure if you spelt it wrong: as long is it was understandable?
Reply 692
Original post by Knowing
For the critical angle, I picked the one that had "trisulphide" in it (it was one of the glasses)
The transformers, I did the same, but I worked out the current of the second coil, not the number of turns.
If you wrote the answer on the lines, I'm sure they will credit it - but not sure if you spelt it wrong: as long is it was understandable?

I also did the trisulphide because it had the highest refractive index, I don't know if it's right though
revising for this exam and the sciences and everything has made me not want to do physics A-level at all, oh wow....changing my entire life choices
anyone else run out of time? I ran out of time and lost out on 4 marks

never happened to me in an exam ever before
Reply 695
I also did the trisulphide because it had the highest refractive index, I don't know if it's right though

OH i picked that too. Anyway i only liked P5 6 marker. I hated P6 soo much. I am expecting <55 maximum. :colondollar:
Reply 696
Original post by andersson

I did the one with the lowest refractive index. Does anyone know what the questoion for this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 697
Original post by NatashaG
anyone else run out of time? I ran out of time and lost out on 4 marks

never happened to me in an exam ever before

This is exactly what happened to me for P1 - P3 this year.

I did find it tough on time on this one too - finished just 2 minutes before the end. (I rushed through the whole exam in anticipation as well)
Reply 698
Original post by Notirem
I did the one with the lowest refractive index. Does anyone know what the questoion for this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question was like "Which one of these mediums would have the smallest critical angle?"
Reply 699
I hope the grade boundaries are much lower for this exam - I swear it was much harder than the Bio and Chem ones?! Almost everyone that came out of the exam in my school found it difficult (first exam this has happened)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending