Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I am sitting 2 History exams in the summer (didn't sit any in January) and I was just wondering how other people revise and what is the best way to revise?

For unit 1 I am doing China & Russia 19-20th century.
    For unit 2 I am doing Crimea, Boer and WWI from British perspective.

So any tips/resources/strategies are welcome! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    The best resource I think you can make for AS History for Edexcel is colour coded time lines for both sides of the course. More specifically, you put all the key dates in order, and then colour code the dates based on some sort of criteria. For example, I did the Lutheranism paper last year, and I colour coded the dates based on who was Pope at a given point. For your papers, you're bound to know what would work best, but maybe prime ministers, leaders, etc.? Anything works as long as it has some relevance to your course.

Doing this actually helps a lot: you learn the chronology of the course; you learn to group together the events under the criteria you've picked; and the colours just simply help you to learn them (your mind learns the colour and associates it with your criteria). You can then sit down with someone and try to learn them, or better yet try to revise with your History group. It's the best form of revision I think you can do; once you've learned the chronology and events, everything else tends to fall into place much more easily, allowing you to focus on exam technique.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.