Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I have received all my offers And I'm really stuck between the following universities:

King's College London (BSc+Industry year)
    University Of Birmingham (BSc+Industry year)
    University of Nottingham (BSc)

Which university do you guys think is the best out of the three for Computer Science ? Which University have the most reputable course

I'm looking for a more theoretical course, I think KCL may have a more theoretical course?

I'm leaning towards KCL at the moment because I like the fact that London has a growing start-up/ Tech community a downside here is that I would most likely have to live at home

Is the course also more exam based at KCL too ?

I know league tables aren't everything, but KCL is considerably lower ranked for Computer Science than the other two... so I'm really unsure when taking that into consideration too & why that may be.

Thanks in advance to any responses !

ReputationRep:
    Don't know much about computer science, but what I do know i do know is that a year in industry is INVALUABLE! I highly recommend it! That should narrow it down to two for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the mezzil)
    Don't know much about computer science, but what I do know i do know is that a year in industry is INVALUABLE! I highly recommend it! That should narrow it down to two for you
    Cheers for the response !

Ah yes I've heard ! I didn't really consider Nottingham before - but included it here anyway just to see what others would think ! Because it seems to have a very good reputation among employers.

hmm its between KCL & Birmingham really KCL don't help much to find that industry year placement, but hopefully that won't be such a problem with studying in London & KCL's reputation with employers.

I think KCL it is really going to wait a few more days though...

Thanks for your response again !

ReputationRep:
    In my case, I chose King's (Bsc computer science) as a firm choice and Birmingham (same as KCL) as a insurance choice. We might have a chance to meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stylejy)
    In my case, I chose King's (Bsc computer science) as a firm choice and Birmingham (same as KCL) as a insurance choice. We might have a chance to meet.
    Yaay nice one ! Hope we get the grade and do meet... KCL should be awesome !

Best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.