Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Deep fried mars bars, what's up with that? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I simply do not see any reason why someone would wanna eat that especially in this modern health conscious day so someone enlighten me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by krazie.x)
    I simply do not see any reason why someone would wanna eat that especially in this modern health conscious day so someone enlighten me :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! :five:

The very idea makes me want to puke

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a clue what a ''deep fried Mars Bar'' is, do you mean like you fry it in a pan?? :confused:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know perhaps because of a dare .
    We men like to exert our dominance in any way possible so if one of my friends could manage to eat it fully and live. He would become the ALPHA MALE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressed Eric)
    I haven't got a clue what a ''deep fried Mars Bar'' is, do you mean like you fry it in a pan?? :confused:
    Yh I hear its a famous "dish" in Scotland or something. U basically deep fry a mars bar literally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've tried one out of curiousity, it was erm interesting. I think I managed one bite

ReputationRep:
    Haha could be ok.... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because they taste like warm, savory, chocolaty cakes. I used to eat them everyday for months as I live near a chip shop. I've yet to die, and if I do so as a result of said Mars Bars, I will have died with my **** jammed in the eye-socket of life.

ReputationRep:
    Chippy down the road used to do them, kept meaning to try one but then it closed
    They also branched out once and did Snickers :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Because they taste like warm, savory, chocolaty cakes. I used to eat them everyday for months as I live near a chip shop. I've yet to die, and if I do so as a result of said Mars Bars, I will have died with my **** jammed in the eye-socket of life.
    Your arteries are probably clogged up with fatty deposits by now #tickingtimebomb go get checked out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh I hear its a famous "dish" in Scotland or something. U basically deep fry a mars bar literally

Posted from TSR Mobile

but what is so disgusting about melting a mars bar and eating it????? am I missing something

ReputationRep:
    They're not bad actually, I believe a chip 'ole in my endz still does them.

Must say that I do fancy a road trip to Scotland for a pizza crunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressed Eric)
    but what is so disgusting about melting a mars bar and eating it????? am I missing something
    Hmm maybe I'm the weird one but the idea of frying chocolate just gives me the "jipies jipies". melting in a pan is fine I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stonehaven, I am disappoint.

ReputationRep:
    I'm yet to try one. Don't give a damn about how artery-clogging they are. They sound incredible! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I love deep fried mars bars :3 But Im Scottish also have a love of deep fried pizzas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's just mars bar in a batter fried, but I'd try it if it where fried in clean oil and not chip infested oil lol

ReputationRep:
    They are delicious. You can make them at home in a pan although they aren't as good as the chip shop ones.

However, it's not something I crave. Savoury>sweet any day. The best thing I've ever had deeep fried is battered Haggis - completely amazing. Meaty, crispy, salty, peppery, vinegary, delicious...

P.S. I'm not fat, but once a month isn't going to kill you.

ReputationRep:
    its nice

ReputationRep:
    Cause they're supposed to be yummy. Great they're are unhealthy. A lot of things are unhealthy, people still eat them. Don't see the point of this thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.