Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for student finance the other day and when it said what I'm entitled to it just said "tuition loan" and "maintenance loan", am I not entitled to any sort of grants or does the maintenance grants come under the maintenance loan?

If it helps my mother earns under £16,000 so would be entitled to the maximum of everything.

Student finance confuses me.

ReputationRep:
    You need to send off your parental income information. Ring them up and ask how to go about it - I had this problem too.

I had to fill in a form and send. Off my dads's P60. It takes 2-3 weeks to be processed then it appears on your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabian92)
    You need to send off your parental income information. Ring them up and ask how to go about it - I had this problem too.

I had to fill in a form and send. Off my dads's P60. It takes 2-3 weeks to be processed then it appears on your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My mums just filled that all in today online, so once that's processed it should appear on my app?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    yh you should be getting max of everything if your parents are earning less than 25k. but it depends if you live in london, or at home as this changes how much you get.

by the way i found a really interesting time passer of a website, just search postcomment123 on google and its the first link, where you just comment random things, without the need to register its great the link is https://sites.google.com/site/postcomment123/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by alexxturnerr)
    My mums just filled that all in today online, so once that's processed it should appear on my app?

Thanks!
    Yes. It make take a week or so for it to show up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Yes. It make take a week or so for it to show up.
    Gracias!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexxturnerr)

Thanks!
    Should do. If they need any more info then they'll write to you asking for what they need. It can take a few weeks for it to appear though so don't panic - they have a lot of stuff to work through and it takes ages to process.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.