Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who's watching? What bets have you put on (if you bet) ? My money is mainly on Ballabriggs, he won me big money 2 years ago

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably gonna go for imperial commander although im thinking of seabass aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Mines Teaforthree

I always put five horses on at each way every year. This year I have chosen:

1) Imperial Commander
    2) SunnyHillBoy
    3) Oscar Time
    4) Treacle
    5) Rare Bob

I've yet to ever make my money back after many years of gambling on the national.

Inb4 the bleeding heart 'ban the national' brigade arrives.

ReputationRep:
    1) Balthazar King
    2) SeaBass
    3) The Rainbow Hunter

ReputationRep:
    On his Own. You heard it here first

ReputationRep:
    Even though he's inexperienced Colbert Station looks like one for the each way!

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen:
    Always Waining
    Big Fella Thanks
    Cappa Bleu
    Colbert Station
    Seabass
    Sunnyhillboy
    Teaforthree
    Imperial Commander.

All of them EW. Hoping to win or at least finish in the top 4.

ReputationRep:
    I would really recommend avoiding Seabass. I've had terrible experiences every time I've bet on a woman in the grand national, despite them being on one of the best horses.

Teaforthree looks like a great shout in my opinion, proven it'll stay at 4m. I also like the look of Balthazar King. Some great E/W bets would be Soll, Across the Bay, Lost Glory and Tarquinius. Soll hasn't won any pricier races but is otherwise good. Tarquinius is a great jumper and should be reliable to finish. Across the bay will be front-running so with any luck won't be brought down by another horse, and Lost Glory is down in the weights with a good hope.

ReputationRep:
    I put £1 on Seabass, Teaforthree and On His Own never bet on the GN before!

ReputationRep:
    Currently thinking:-
    Chicago Grey
    Balthazar King
    Roberto Goldback
    Tarquinius

and one other :beard: all at £2 E/W

ReputationRep:
    Teaforthree as I think he might actual do quite well and Harry the Viking because I like the name

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for teaforthree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    E/W bets on ; Imperial commander, Mr Moonshine, The Rainbow Hunter, Treacle, Seabass, Teaforthree, Viking Blonde and Across the bay
    and a win for Ninetieth Minute.

I feel im about to loosea butt load of money but its fun

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I do it, to be honest. I rarely bet on horse racing but I always bet on the National. It makes no sense really. It's one of, if not the hardest, race to predict.

Anyway, once again I've given into the lunacy and I've backed Cappa Bleu, Across the Bay and Tarquinius.

ReputationRep:
    It's good to watch what you eat.

ReputationRep:
    Colbert Station is definitely one to watch, good odds, good jockey, good form over long distances but with better to come (hopefully!), good age and a good weight.

ReputationRep:
    £1 on Seabass.

ReputationRep:
    I've gone for Imperial Commander and Across The Bay.
    I've picked the last three winners, hoping to continue that (ridiculously lucky) amazing streak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It's good to watch what you eat.
    Yeah.

Sign outside a deli in Normandy.

"Black Beauty - you've read the book. You've seen the programme. Now eat the cast."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.