Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Wouldn't surprise me if he was German :rolleyes:

My 1900th post - HOLY GOD - I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH SPARE TIME
I find it ironic how there is tension between the English and Germans, and yet the Royal family are of German ancestry..
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I find it ironic how there is tension between the English and Germans, and yet the Royal family are of German ancestry..
I know, I never even knew that until relatively recently either.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Soon we'll turn on the Royal Family <rubs hands with glee>
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
We Brits will have any excuse to get drunk, which is what St Patrick's seems to be about. Sad. As for not pushing St George's, we're too scared to ofend the minorities, despite many of the minorities (myself included) identifying with England...
Complete agreeance. Where I live there is quite a high asian percentage. The Pakistani flags are out all the time for Eid, which I find difficult to understand because correct me if I'm wrong but Eid is a muslim tradition, not specifically a pakistani one? Then of course if you got a st Georges cross out, you'd get told to take it down by the police for agravating the minorities. Which makes little sense, as they are actually English themselves :confused:
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
On a lighter note I shall be getting quite, quite drunk tonight......

eugh... so predictable.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Well, the current Royal family is more Greek than German
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Complete agreeance. Where I live there is quite a high asian percentage. The Pakistani flags are out all the time for Eid, which I find difficult to understand because correct me if I'm wrong but Eid is a muslim tradition, not specifically a pakistani one? Then of course if you got a st Georges cross out, you'd get told to take it down by the police for agravating the minorities. Which makes little sense, as they are actually English themselves :confused:
We see the Bangladesh flag out every Eid, and them dutty Bengalis that ruin our good name all driving around piling up the traffic and driving through what is actually an Indian area...

Hell, I'm having a St George's cross in my room at uni...
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Well, the current Royal family is more Greek than German
What with old "big nose".
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What with old "big nose".
Too right. I wish it was his face on the coins, his nose would stick out like a treat
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We see the Bangladesh flag out every Eid, and them dutty Bengalis that ruin our good name all driving around piling up the traffic and driving through what is actually an Indian area...

Hell, I'm having a St George's cross in my room at uni...

Good for you.

You see, I'm 100% for people who want to come and live in England with that attitude, its the ones like you say, give people a bad name i'm not for.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good for you.

You see, I'm 100% for people who want to come and live in England with that attitude, its the ones like you say, give people a bad name i'm not for.
Well I was actually born here hence I don't identify with Bangladesh, I've lived here my whole life too. My parents hate that I'm so English and not loyal to Bangladesh. But how, it's not my country...

That's not the actual reason that sort of Bengali disgust me, you'd know if you saw a group of them...
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I was actually born here hence I don't identify with Bangladesh, I've lived here my whole life too. My parents hate that I'm so English and not loyal to Bangladesh. But how, it's not my country...

That's not the actual reason that sort of Bengali disgust me, you'd know if you saw a group of them...

Oh I see a fair few, I know exactly what you mean lol. They are quite frankly just Asian townies. Bleugh.

Like these guys, but obviously much less sophisticaed:

http://www.hayezsquad.co.uk/
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can claim authenticity when I'm drinking the afternoon and evening away tomorrow - my bf's mum was Irish
samd294
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Any Paddys out there? How will everybody be celebrating? I'm sure many a pint of the black stuff will be necked tonight. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
two_headed_monk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by samd294)
Any Paddys out there? How will everybody be celebrating? I'm sure many a pint of the black stuff will be necked tonight. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
woo for saint pat, but why does it have to be on a bloody wednesday?!!! :mad: they should wait until the weekend!!!
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Resurrected.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
How do I delete the this thread?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone, and be proud to be Irish.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (19)
8.6%
Confident (29)
13.12%
Indifferent (35)
15.84%
Unsure (62)
28.05%
Worried (76)
34.39%

Watched Threads