Maybe them football hooligans should consider that chant seriously:

"I'd rather be a Paki than a Turk"...

On second thought, us Pakis are richer
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Wouldn't surprise me if he was German :rolleyes:

My 1900th post - HOLY GOD - I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH SPARE TIME
    I find it ironic how there is tension between the English and Germans, and yet the Royal family are of German ancestry..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I find it ironic how there is tension between the English and Germans, and yet the Royal family are of German ancestry..
    I know, I never even knew that until relatively recently either.

ReputationRep:
    Soon we'll turn on the Royal Family <rubs hands with glee>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    We Brits will have any excuse to get drunk, which is what St Patrick's seems to be about. Sad. As for not pushing St George's, we're too scared to ofend the minorities, despite many of the minorities (myself included) identifying with England...
    Complete agreeance. Where I live there is quite a high asian percentage. The Pakistani flags are out all the time for Eid, which I find difficult to understand because correct me if I'm wrong but Eid is a muslim tradition, not specifically a pakistani one? Then of course if you got a st Georges cross out, you'd get told to take it down by the police for agravating the minorities. Which makes little sense, as they are actually English themselves :confused:

ReputationRep:
    On a lighter note I shall be getting quite, quite drunk tonight......

eugh... so predictable.

ReputationRep:

Well, the current Royal family is more Greek than German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Complete agreeance. Where I live there is quite a high asian percentage. The Pakistani flags are out all the time for Eid, which I find difficult to understand because correct me if I'm wrong but Eid is a muslim tradition, not specifically a pakistani one? Then of course if you got a st Georges cross out, you'd get told to take it down by the police for agravating the minorities. Which makes little sense, as they are actually English themselves :confused:
    We see the Bangladesh flag out every Eid, and them dutty Bengalis that ruin our good name all driving around piling up the traffic and driving through what is actually an Indian area...

Hell, I'm having a St George's cross in my room at uni...

ReputationRep:
    Well, the current Royal family is more Greek than German
    What with old "big nose".

ReputationRep:
    What with old "big nose".
    Too right. I wish it was his face on the coins, his nose would stick out like a treat

ReputationRep:
    We see the Bangladesh flag out every Eid, and them dutty Bengalis that ruin our good name all driving around piling up the traffic and driving through what is actually an Indian area...

Hell, I'm having a St George's cross in my room at uni...

Good for you.

You see, I'm 100% for people who want to come and live in England with that attitude, its the ones like you say, give people a bad name i'm not for.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you.

You see, I'm 100% for people who want to come and live in England with that attitude, its the ones like you say, give people a bad name i'm not for.
    Well I was actually born here hence I don't identify with Bangladesh, I've lived here my whole life too. My parents hate that I'm so English and not loyal to Bangladesh. But how, it's not my country...

That's not the actual reason that sort of Bengali disgust me, you'd know if you saw a group of them...

ReputationRep:
    Well I was actually born here hence I don't identify with Bangladesh, I've lived here my whole life too. My parents hate that I'm so English and not loyal to Bangladesh. But how, it's not my country...

That's not the actual reason that sort of Bengali disgust me, you'd know if you saw a group of them...

Oh I see a fair few, I know exactly what you mean lol. They are quite frankly just Asian townies. Bleugh.

Like these guys, but obviously much less sophisticaed:

http://www.hayezsquad.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    I can claim authenticity when I'm drinking the afternoon and evening away tomorrow - my bf's mum was Irish

ReputationRep:
    Any Paddys out there? How will everybody be celebrating? I'm sure many a pint of the black stuff will be necked tonight. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    Any Paddys out there? How will everybody be celebrating? I'm sure many a pint of the black stuff will be necked tonight. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    woo for saint pat, but why does it have to be on a bloody wednesday?!!! :mad: they should wait until the weekend!!!

ReputationRep:
    Resurrected.

ReputationRep:
    How do I delete the this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone, and be proud to be Irish.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.