Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I am in year 10 and will take the Edexcel Japanese GCSE in June. I am a basically fluent speaker but my japanese has suffered over the years. Since I am not being taught it and there are no japanese teachers at school I am confused about the speaking exam process. The specification says that I will negotiate which of the two topics (Media, travel and culture or sport, leisure and work). Who do I negotiate this with if I have no idea who's assessing my speaking exam?
    Should I prepare I picture presentation on both topics just in case?

I also have no idea when the exam actually is - I think that the writing, listening and reading exams are on the 5th June but it says that speaking exams are from March to May. My school hasn't replied to my emails. I really don't know what to do. :confused:

Does anyone have any experience having taking this exam? (GCSE Edexcel Japanese 2009-2013)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I just saw your post today. Hope you have already sorted this out but if not I would get someone from your school like a head of langaguages to this matter sorted out quickly. If you have already tried to contact the school by e-mail and they haven't got back to you then if you can telephone them and get them to sort it out asap while on the phone.

I'm also taking this exam this year but I've never done GCSE Japanese before and I still don't understand the exam properly. I know there are two tasks for the speaking exam Task 1 which is a picture based discussion or you can do a presentation with questions related to a chosen theme. Task 2 is a general conversation related to a chosen theme. So for me I'm doing a presentation on a photo I took when I was on holiday with the theme afterwards based on travel (holidays) and for my second task the general conversation is on hobbies. These were chosen by me.

I'm studying as an external candidate (mainly self studying) and have to travel to London next week for my speaking exam. That part of the exam is worth I think about 25% so it's important you get it sorted out soon. I know one other person who took the speaking exam about a month ago. The rest of the exams will be held on 5th June.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.