Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just moved into my own house and am in my last year at uni.

I changed my address and noticed that my loan amount went up.

On the question called 'where will you be - term time' I have put away from the parental home, as I am living in my own house!

I have a feeling that this might not be allowed? Can anybody help?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds honest and accurate to me. You're living in your own home, so you're living away from the parental home during term time and during holidays. I'm sure SF don't expect everyone's circumstances to stay the same throughout their course. You've told the truth so I can't see anything to worry about.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed. It's not as if you've put you're living elsewhere when you're living at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    That sounds honest and accurate to me. You're living in your own home, so you're living away from the parental home during term time and during holidays. I'm sure SF don't expect everyone's circumstances to stay the same throughout their course. You've told the truth so I can't see anything to worry about.

Thanks for the reply, that is what I am hoping. A little unsure only because I had a letter about grant eligibility assessment and SF said it was based on my parental income as opposed to mine and my partner's household income..

But I am not living in my 'parental home' regardless so hopefully this should be okay. Thanks again
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by hazabella)
    Thanks for the reply, that is what I am hoping. A little unsure only because I had a letter about grant eligibility assessment and SF said it was based on my parental income as opposed to mine and my partner's household income..
    You would have to be over 25 or self supporting for 3 years for it to be based on your partners income.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.