Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I have just set-up a new blog (http://davebarlow1.blogspot.co.uk/) and what I am hoping to do is aid discussion and debate on big/philosophical questions from a variety of viewpoints.

Is anyone interested? or any questions people want answered/taken a look at?

ReputationRep:
    I would be interested! I did A Level Religious Studies, and I had to prepare an essay on whether there was an afterlife so it would interest me to see what other points there are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryF94)
    I would be interested! I did A Level Religious Studies, and I had to prepare an essay on whether there was an afterlife so it would interest me to see what other points there are!
    Great! I am trying to get it up and running ASAP

Would you want to write a section or do you just want to see various points of views?

If you do want to write, is there a particular view point you come from (example Christian) or are you a bit more general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCFCfan4eva)
    Great! I am trying to get it up and running ASAP

Would you want to write a section or do you just want to see various points of views?

If you do want to write, is there a particular view point you come from (example Christian) or are you a bit more general?
    Ive never been either a Christian or an Atheist, recently Ive thought more from a Christian angle but when I wrote the essay I was probably more facing on the points from an Athiest point of view! I don't think anything I would write would be of any particular interest, well I don't feel it is!
    I tend to read something and see its point but then I think about it and contradict it so I struggle to maintain a stance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryF94)
    Ive never been either a Christian or an Atheist, recently Ive thought more from a Christian angle but when I wrote the essay I was probably more facing on the points from an Athiest point of view! I don't think anything I would write would be of any particular interest, well I don't feel it is!
    I tend to read something and see its point but then I think about it and contradict it so I struggle to maintain a stance!
    actually it could be useful for you to say your point of view, as I am sure there are a lot of people like that who don't have a particular point of view and see multiple points of view for multiple reasons???

well I will keep you posted on it, and if you want to contribute, then give me a shout

ReputationRep:
    Why is this in the philosophy forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Why is this in the philosophy forum?
    because philosophy is the study of existence and this is what I want to explore and discuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCFCfan4eva)
    because philosophy is the study of existence and this is what I want to explore and discuss
    I must have misread your blog. Thought it was about theology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I must have misread your blog. Thought it was about theology.
    Well to be honest, it's about a variety of things including theology- I just didn't want to post it in every forum it may be applicable to because I thought people might get annoyed :L

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.