The Student Room Group

Do squats make your butt, thighs and hips bigger?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lovepeace
I've started doing squats without weights to try get a rounder bigger bum and i was wondering if they would make my thighs bigger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't do anything without weight.
I bloody hope so.
Reply 62
so im a pear shaped, meaning I have big thighs and an average to large sized bum. I want to have a toned bum but im worried that by squatting my thighs are going to become even larger.

will squating make my thighs even larger or will they get rid of the fat in that area and make ny thighs more toned?

Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
No they won't. The only way they will get huge is if you squat very heavy for several years, and get plenty of food and rest to go with it.

People think that putting on muscle is easy. It isn't, especially for the average girl who has 20 times less testosterone than the average guy. You are not going to get accidentally huge from a few months of weight training.

Now it would be very nice if we could see pics of these big thighs and large sized bum you speak of. :smile:
No - if anything, you'd get toned muscles, which means nice curves. However, if you don't do cardiovascular exercise and alter your diet, you'll still see your thigh as being of a substantial size - the curviness is the fat.
Original post by Pisces20
so im a pear shaped, meaning I have big thighs and an average to large sized bum. I want to have a toned bum but im worried that by squatting my thighs are going to become even larger.

will squating make my thighs even larger or will they get rid of the fat in that area and make ny thighs more toned?

Thankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

It all depends what you're doing. I squat with a bar and weights and have been doing for for around a year and a half. My quad muscles are definitely more defined and prominent but my thighs aren't wobbly and I still have a gap between them at the top. The only thing that's going to make them smaller is to lose fat by dieting and doing cardio, then supplement this with resistance exercise.
Reply 66
Thankyou for this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try to use booty wow and make your butt bigger it's functions like a push up bra for the booty, and lifts the booty up without the need of padded underwear, silicon inserts, or booty enhancing pants.
Reply 68
Why do men squat?

Increase muscle mass, improve athletic performance.

Woman generally train different to men, when they know what they are doing. I cringe seeing men use the leg abductor machines.

This video is an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ7M7-LbYkA
Original post by SummitOfReason
I am under the impression that they tend to make it more shapely and round, I think how large it is is really to do with how much you eat and also your genetics as other people have said. But it can be nice to have a small round bum so it doesn't really matter. :biggrin: :colondollar:

Also anybody know a link to a really great guide on how to do proper squats that they could recommend? Maybe a youtube link or an article?

Back straight, lean back so pressure is on the heels. This will target the muscles well.
I am actually using booty wow right not and it does make your butt bigger instantly but damn, permanent results are slowly appearing but just wish it was faster, but my buns look good with booty wow on, and no padding!!! lol
Original post by queen-bee
Nice!don't give up..do you do it alone or do you have a personal trainer?

how long did it take u to see results? and how flat was ur bum? also did u use weights and use a specific challenge?
Original post by Secretnerd123
how long did it take u to see results? and how flat was ur bum? also did u use weights and use a specific challenge?

Lol sister,I wasn't born with a flat ass alhamdulilah! I just used to do squats to keep it in shape and for my belly dancing workout routine thing
Reply 73
Lol sister,I wasn't born with a flat ass alhamdulilah! I just used to do squats to keep it in shape and for my belly dancing workout routine thing

Do Arab Christians say Alhumdulillah too ?
Squats work a lot of muslce groups, mainly quads but also calves, glutes, hamstrings and your lower back.

Start with body weight squats then move onto adding weight to your squats and just increase it whenver you can the more weight the better :smile: Legs also respond well to high reps
:
Original post by uer23
Do Arab Christians say Alhumdulillah too ?

All Arabs say it,Christian or not
Guess the tune. tuh tah tah ta ta tata tanananana tatataaa

It is the theme tune of a famous HBO show.
Reply 77
All Arabs say it,Christian or not

Just asking because I haven't come across any Non-Muslim Arabs say it. I'm Arab too btw.
Reply 78
Original post by nothepreacher
Guess the tune. tuh tah tah ta ta tata tanananana tatataaa

It is the theme tune of a famous HBO show.

No.

It's tanna na na ta ta, tanna na na ta ta, tatannaa taataaa :tongue:
Original post by uer23
No.

It's tanna na na ta ta, tanna na na ta ta, tatannaa taataaa :tongue:

whatever sister, give me the name of the show.

Quick Reply

Latest