Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in year 12 at the moment and I was just wondering whether if I applied to study medicine for entry in 2014 but was declined whether I could apply again the following year to either do a foundation year if i didn't get the correct grades the first time or to do the normal 5 year course if it was that i didn't have enough work experience and i had improved that during my gap year. I hope that makes sense :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieGrace12)
    Hi, I'm in year 12 at the moment and I was just wondering whether if I applied to study medicine for entry in 2014 but was declined whether I could apply again the following year to either do a foundation year if i didn't get the correct grades the first time or to do the normal 5 year course if it was that i didn't have enough work experience and i had improved that during my gap year. I hope that makes sense :/
    Yes of course! They'll consider your application equally every time you submit it Use the feedback they give you to improve for the next time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieGrace12)
    You can re-apply as many times as you like and certainly a lot of medics have to try two (or even three) times before they get in. During that year you could improve your UKCAT score or personal statement or whatever else and that would increase your chances of getting in.

Foundation courses are mainly for people with the right grades but the wrong A levels subjects or for those from disadvantaged backgrounds.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who applied five times to get into medicine before being successful. It shouldn't take anywhere near that level of commitment but so long as you persist and check the right boxes, and apply according to your strengths, you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattKneale)
    I know someone who applied five times to get into medicine before being successful. It shouldn't take anywhere near that level of commitment but so long as you persist and check the right boxes, and apply according to your strengths, you should be fine
    What did they do with all their gap years?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hippokrates)
    They probably either worked or did a degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippokrates)
    Well this was for graduate entry, they worked in the NHS.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.