Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please give me tips on how to revise for French GCSE Listening and Reading exams (which are in may the 13th).

Iv been learning french at GCSE since the begging of the academic year because my school do 1 year courses (missing out french last year), so this is the first time i would of been in a French official exam.

My school are on the WJEC exam board. Hopefully am going to get high grades (A/A*) in the exams as long as i can actually start revising sufficiently.

but i just don't know what is actually important to revise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jet13)
    For what? Be specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueray2)
    For what? Be specific.
    Can someone please give me tips on how to revise for French GCSE Listening and Reading exams (which are in may the 13th).

Iv been learning french at GCSE since the begging of the academic year because my school do 1 year courses (missing out french last year), so this is the first time i would of been in a French official exam.

My school are on the WJEC exam board. Hopefully am going to get high grades (A/A*) in the exams as long as i can actually start revising sufficiently.

ReputationRep:
    My school have done the same thing landed us in with 1 year courses, however we did do French in year 7-8-9...

I recommend you recap on Vocab.. maybe do a spider diagram or something..
    also what I've been doing is going on Bitesize they have a couple good tasks for the listening

Don't stress your self to much worst thing you can do, try to do little by little for now and then go all in a week or two before your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jet13)

Hiya ! I'm also taking this exam in May on the same exam board too! At the moment, I'm just going over their spec which has lot of key words listed.. then I just translate them using google translator This will help you to memorize and know what the key words mean
    Heres the link to the spec which i use for my revision.. hope it helps you too! ;D
    http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/4470.pdf

(From page 18 you will find the key words - just print them out if you want to)

ReputationRep:
    WJEC are getting quite sneaky with their French papers so I'd also say try and cover as much "subject specific" vocab as you can that's in the spec in addition to vocab from elsewhere (I did this through newspaper etc)

Listening wise, French music is the best way I've found. My iPod is full of it (admittedly mainly Celine Dion)... Oh and French Euronews is pretty good as well as the reporters tend to speak quite quickly which is something you'll have to get used to for the exam.

After you've got a brief overview of the vocab, start getting into the "nicky picky" grammar! (Past papers is best for this) WJEC like being picky about grammar

Finally I'd just second what jmuz has already said, try not to get stressed out with it, little and often till the exam week

Hope that Helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jet13)

(Original post by Arshii)
    Hiya ! I'm also taking this exam in May on the same exam board too! At the moment, I'm just going over their spec which has lot of key words listed.. then I just translate them using google translator This will help you to memorize and know what the key words mean
    Heres the link to the spec which i use for my revision.. hope it helps you too! ;D
    http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/4470.pdf

(From page 18 you will find the key words - just print them out if you want to)
    I did this last year.
    Basically just do lots of past papers and see what words keep on coming up and make sure you know them and what they sound like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jet13)

Listening is almost always harder. Make sure you practice that by doing all the past papers available to you. The reading is usually easy, though.

ReputationRep:
    Flashcards + memory village* + past papers = success. I got full UMS in both through this.

*Memory village is where you take a village you know well. Divide it in two, one side for masculine, one for feminine. Make mental images for each word, e.g. for le batîment (building), put a building in the masculine half, with some batty men dancing in it. Sounds stupid but works for me. (Verbs go in the health club, adjectives and adverbs apply to people in a crowd in the square or something similar.)

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.