Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is for those of us doing WJEC!

Share any tips, advice and any questions one may have

I personally love my grammar but I need to do lots of vocab work!

I need a Mid-B in the exam for.an A* overall

ReputationRep:
    I have forgotten all my grammar for French, but after doing past-papers, my vocab is strong enough to get me A/A*'s each time, and my coursework is (apparently) A*-worthy.
    I can't wait to get this exam done with because I don't enjoy French at all!

The only thing I'm worried about is the listening test, sometimes I find the speakers too quick, but I guess with more practise I will get better at listening and writing simultaneously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sollyhol)
    I have forgotten all my grammar for French, but after doing past-papers, my vocab is strong enough to get me A/A*'s each time, and my coursework is (apparently) A*-worthy.
    I can't wait to get this exam done with because I don't enjoy French at all!

The only thing I'm worried about is the listening test, sometimes I find the speakers too quick, but I guess with more practise I will get better at listening and writing simultaneously.
    One tip I have for listening!

You're allowed 5 minutes before the starting of the recording. So translate as much as you can in listening, like the English words into French!

And then you listen our for those words

ReputationRep:
    Hello Again! aha
    At the moment I am just going through the vocab listed in the spec ... Just translating them and trying to memorize it... :/
    But, I can't find any good way to revise for french listening .. For the past papers I can't find the audios!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arshii)
    Hello Again! aha
    At the moment I am just going through the vocab listed in the spec ... Just translating them and trying to memorize it... :/
    But, I can't find any good way to revise for french listening .. For the past papers I can't find the audios!
    Doesn't your teacher do them? I haven't done any :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Doesn't your teacher do them? I haven't done any :/
    He only does it sometimes..
    Plus, hes that kind of teacher who gets side tracked REALLY EASILY!
    So, I wanted to practice at home because in lesson we waste too much time..

ReputationRep:
    Considering you can't actually "revise" in a sense, because you have no idea what will come up on the test, apart from the certain modules which I presume your work have been split up into.

Taking this into consideration, all I do when I revise, I just learn the key words and listen out for them on the test.

When actually doing the test, make notes on the test for the first time you listen to it and the second time around actually put in your final answer. Also, when doing the test write down key words which you don't know and try and figure it out. If you can't, just guess!

ReputationRep:
    He only does it sometimes..
    Plus, hes that kind of teacher who gets side tracked REALLY EASILY!
    So, I wanted to practice at home because in lesson we waste too much time..
    Hmmm... Fair enough, I've not tried finding them so wouldn't know where to find it!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... Fair enough, I've not tried finding them so wouldn't know where to find it!
    Yeah I've looked .. you can't find it anywhere.. but, at the moment I'm just going to practice reading and when I get back to school I'll revise for listening..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Hey, I'm doing AQA Spanish GCSE but although this isn't the thread I need some serious tips... due to my teacher's ridiculous 'harsh' marking I need literally 119/120 ums to guarantee A* and 89/120 ums for an A, but I want A*... seriously .. ! Any tips on reading/listening.. especially listening like on how to get full ums! I'm scared it may be the subject where I only get an A in, I would be pretty pissed off if that happens! Thanks in advance - Jatz
    Your work will be moderated anyway, so if there's some discrepancy it'll be accounted for.

Write french words in your time at the beginning.

Listen out for any of those words and then answer, don't stress over an answer the first time and let it ruin the other questions.

Yeah I've looked .. you can't find it anywhere.. but, at the moment I'm just going to practice reading and when I get back to school I'll revise for listening..
    Yeah, I guess people could try and Skype each other and practice? Although I can't do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    How do I revise for Spanish listening and reading gcse to a very high standard? - Jatz
    Same as french but in Spanish grammar, vocab!

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about the speaking exam, we haven't been taught the content! Does anyone have any vocab lists or sites that they can recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime Lover)
    I'm worried about the speaking exam, we haven't been taught the content! Does anyone have any vocab lists or sites that they can recommend?
    Which topic?

ReputationRep:
    Which topic?
    Everything! D: But topics that I'm particularly stuck on are things like crime and punishment and terrorism. I hate speaking exams! XD

ReputationRep:
    Everything! D: But topics that I'm particularly stuck on are things like crime and punishment and terrorism. I hate speaking exams! XD
    That's hard! :eek:

Google "French GCSE useful vocabulary" and add the crime and punishment bit after for more

ReputationRep:
    That's hard! :eek:

Google "French GCSE useful vocabulary" and add the crime and punishment bit after for more
    Yeah it sucks :/ Don't you have to cover these topics too?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it sucks :/ Don't you have to cover these topics too?
    No we did:

Home Life
    Leisure Time
    Holidays
    School

ReputationRep:
    No we did:

Home Life
    Leisure Time
    Holidays
    School
    Wow they're so much nicer! I'm really jealous XD We're doing crime and punishment, immigration, nuclear and other energy types, and terrorism. What are you doing your exposé on?

ReputationRep:
    Wow they're so much nicer! I'm really jealous XD We're doing crime and punishment, immigration, nuclear and other energy types, and terrorism. What are you doing your exposé on?
    I think you're on the wrong thread! :rofl: this is GCSE not A LEVEL!!!

Bien que tu puisses pratiquer avec nous si tu voulais

ReputationRep:
    I think you're on the wrong thread! :rofl: this is GCSE not A LEVEL!!!

Bien que tu puisses pratiquer avec nous si tu voulais
    Oh crap! XD Sorry, yeah I'm A2. I miss the nice days of GCSE...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.