Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Cutting to the chase, I would like to buy a male t-shirt, and I'm a size 10 top. Only problem is, is that I have no idea which category a women's size 10 would fit (see below), and I don't have any tape to help.

S 43cm 72cm 17" 28.5"
    L 54.5cm 76cm 21.5" 30"
    2XL 63.5cm 81.5cm 25" 32"

What would be the best size? I'm not looking for something too tight. I was thinking about a Male M but I'm not sure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faberry)
    Cutting to the chase, I would like to buy a male t-shirt, and I'm a size 10 top. Only problem is, is that I have no idea which category a women's size 10 would fit (see below), and I don't have any tape to help.

S 43cm 72cm 17" 28.5"
    L 54.5cm 76cm 21.5" 30"
    2XL 63.5cm 81.5cm 25" 32"

What would be the best size? I'm not looking for something too tight. I was thinking about a Male M but I'm not sure...
    Go with male M, would you prefer bigger/baggy to tight?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand those measurements. They can't be chest measurements - 17" is literally the size of a baby. I'm a size 8 and my back measurement is 31".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I don't understand those measurements. They can't be chest measurements - 17" is literally the size of a baby. I'm a size 8 and my back measurement is 31".
    No, it's the chest and length

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    If a male shirt measures 21"
    Then it means the WIDTH of the t-shirt not the circumfrance of the chest.

A 21" chest would = 42" circumfrance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    If a male shirt measures 21"
    Then it means the WIDTH of the t-shirt not the circumfrance of the chest.

A 21" chest would = 42" circumfrance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

Small mens usually works out to be 10/12 womens, at least that's what I've found with band t-shirts.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, go up one/two sizes from your women's size to get your men's - so if you're a S then you'd be an XXS or an XS. I think considering a 10 is a female M at the most a men's M would probably swamp you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.