Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who has the bet quality jack wills .. Super dry .. Abercrombie .. Other?
    what coat , jacket, style of jumper looks good with sweats??
    21 and looking to wear them to college to be comfy and casual

ReputationRep:
    I work for Jack Wills, the gym and causal range there is really nice. It can be expensive though.
    Hollister stuff if nice and slightly cheaper too!

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to sound harsh, but it's a bit of an odd question. I would assume someone who wears sweats to college doesn't care about their appearance at all. If you want to look good or at least remotely decent, wear something else.

If you insist on wearing clothes made for workout to school, get a pair of thinner ones, perhaps cashmere or linen blend, wear them with a thin matching sweater and flat loafers or ballerinas. It can only work during spring though - if you still have to wear a coat, then you'll look like a bum. You can make something like this work:
    Name:  334140_ou_l.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  12.6 KB
    If you have the figure for it, you can wear completely slim ones
    http://www.shopbop.com/slim-track-pa...&colorId=12867

ReputationRep:
    Hey reedA93, so jealous, I would love a part time job at jack wills and discount would be awesome .
    i like the preppy sweatpants look, not in a roll out of bed and through on some sweats look with a scabby tee lol.
    I can imagen a nice outfit but all of my coats would look stupid, maybe I need a gilet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gina21)
    Hey reedA93, so jealous, I would love a part time job at jack wills and discount would be awesome .
    i like the preppy sweatpants look, not in a roll out of bed and through on some sweats look with a scabby tee lol.
    I can imagen a nice outfit but all of my coats would look stupid, maybe I need a gilet?

A gilet would be perfect, I like to wear the slim leg sweat pants....I have these
    http://www.jackwills.com/en-gb/produ...nt-01704200101

A hoodie is good too, I have a fur lined navy Jack Wills hoodie too it is soooo warm. You can wear it on its own or with a gilet.
    We have these in store, they aren't fur lined but they are perfect for layering and when it isn't ridiculously cold in the summer.

http://www.jackwills.com/en-gb/produ...ht-10000060004

We also do light weight macs that are perfect for the rain in spring!

Sorry if I sound like a walking jack wills advert but I the clothes are so comfy and they last for ages!

ReputationRep:
    Lululemon are cool.

I have a question, though:

This is The Student Room, after all.

Jack Wills, Superdry and A&F Group (Abercrombie, Hollister, GH etc) more often than not produce clothes that are modelled on faux-university stash. For example, you might get a pair of pants from Jack Wills that might have "JW University Rowing Club" on them, with a badge and some adornments.

As a student - why not get real stash by joining the netball club, or whatever - which would cost you probably a third of the price of the commercial item - which after all is aping the genuine student item.

If you can't get into the sport soc, then pop down the union shop, I'm sure they'll have generic sports clothes.

In this way, are you not jumping the gun of the branded items? They're copying you - not the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    Hey reedA93, lol you do sound abit like an add but you make sense. I was thinking of a fur lined hoodie, I used to have one from nofear and loved it. I'm will probs pop in store and try a gilet, can't see that there that flattering tho lol ill just try a load of stuff on

ReputationRep:
    Hey clip, that's a good idea thanks
    see sweatpants are for students too not just slobs lol to haa to all that disagree lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reedA93)
    I work for Jack Wills, the gym and causal range there is really nice. It can be expensive though.
    Hollister stuff if nice and slightly cheaper too!
    Unless you get them from the outlet
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    H&M do good tapered ones in black and grey and they are reasonably priced too at £7.99 (given that I don't wear them outside the house, I am not prepared to pay much more.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    Not meaning to sound harsh, but it's a bit of an odd question. I would assume someone who wears sweats to college doesn't care about their appearance at all. If you want to look good or at least remotely decent, wear something else.
    Absolutely this.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.