Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone living in halls which aren't owned or leased by the university? I've found one where I can get a studio apartment for less than the university charge for an en-suite room. Plus it's got a recreation room with a pool table etc. and a small gym which is free for residents to use and no deposit is needed. It all sounds a bit too good to be true and I don't know if I should go for it.

ReputationRep:
    which student hall is that?

(Original post by CVictoria)
    which student hall is that?
    That's Brunel Court. http://www.brunel-court.co.uk/accommodation.html I think I'm gonna go with uni accommodation this time so I know everyone else will also be first years and not know anybody.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to live in cosmo: walker street halls x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im looking into Liberty Court on Brook street

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting to see what UCLan offer me and then work out the prices, if they're too expensive overall i'm comparing with Brunel Court because that's such good money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll)
    Is anyone living in halls which aren't owned or leased by the university? I've found one where I can get a studio apartment for less than the university charge for an en-suite room. Plus it's got a recreation room with a pool table etc. and a small gym which is free for residents to use and no deposit is needed. It all sounds a bit too good to be true and I don't know if I should go for it.
    What uni is that for? I'm going to Lancaster and struggling to find somewhere as I wanna go private!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ljohn9)
    What uni is that for? I'm going to Lancaster and struggling to find somewhere as I wanna go private!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    University of Central Lancashire. We're in the University of Central Lancashire forum Lancaster University is 20 miles away from Preston.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll)
    University of Central Lancashire. We're in the University of Central Lancashire forum Lancaster University is 20 miles away from Preston.
    So there's two universitys in Lancaster? Never knew that! What you studying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ljohn9)
    So there's two universitys in Lancaster? Never knew that! What you studying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not actually in Lancaster, it's in Preston. But google maps tells me that's only 20 minutes away by train. I'm going to be studying Psychology and Criminology in September

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster is quite a way from Preston, it's 20 minutes on train though (Virgin Trains are speedy)

Lancaster University is completely different to University of Central Lancashire which has two campuses one in Preston(The main one which is huge) and then a smaller one in Burnley

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in IQ Kopa. It's really nice.

ReputationRep:
    i m trying to decide between uni halls and the cosmo:moor lanes halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolateheartstar)
    i m trying to decide between uni halls and the cosmo:moor lanes halls
    Cosmo are great! If you want to pay a little bit more a week, it's worth it for walker street!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael--louise)
    Cosmo are great! If you want to pay a little bit more a week, it's worth it for walker street!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't quite be able to afford walker street but I m definetly leaning towards moor lane over a University owned hall

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't quite be able to afford walker street but I m definetly leaning towards moor lane over a University owned hall
    moor lane is the same company that own walker street (:
    its nice at both halls though!
    the staff are really great and welcoming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael--louise)
    moor lane is the same company that own walker street (:
    its nice at both halls though!
    the staff are really great and welcoming!
    I havent visited it but it does look lovely from the website You don't happen to know what their policy is on visitors is?

ReputationRep:
    I havent visited it but it does look lovely from the website You don't happen to know what their policy is on visitors is?
    I got taken around on Monday by the manager called ben.
    He basically said, if you have anyone staying over more than three days just to make them aware for fire purposes. Other than that, they arn't bothered!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's great I ll need to find a guarantor but I think I shall be booking moor lane hopefully other nursing students will decide to go private too x

ReputationRep:
    That's great I ll need to find a guarantor but I think I shall be booking moor lane hopefully other nursing students will decide to go private too x
    Yeah you will need one. Even I had to and I'm almost 23!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.