Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you forgive your gf/bf if they had cheated? Watch

ReputationRep:
    why or why not?
    Have you ever been in that situation before?

ReputationRep:
    Yes i forgave. Regret it now.

If someone cheats they clearly do not love or care about you enough in the first place.

If you are in the situation, dont be weak- they cheated, they knew what they were doing and they chose to go ahead with it. They clearly do not care about you enough.

I know its hard, because ive been there several times, and im very weak and if i really like someone i tend to be a doormat.

But cheating is best left by moving on from them.

ReputationRep:
    Nope i'll tell em to jog on. If they cheated on you then it was never the right person.

ReputationRep:
    No.

If the relationship isn't enough or right for someone then they should be honest with their partner about it and leave the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    No

I'd find to difficult to overcome the feelings that it would bring.

ReputationRep:
    Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    I would find it extremely hard to trust them again.

ReputationRep:
    Not in the slightest.

Have a friend who was cheated on...he's forgotten the girl who cheated on him and doesn't want anything to do with her, now look - he's a happy bunny in a healthy relationship with someone else! 2 years and counting!

Forget and don't forgive is what I'd say -

If you don't mentally let go of the cheat then you're always going to be bogged down by it - you can do better and move on.

And don't forgive...let them reflect on what they've done and how it's affected you, they'll have to live with it.

ReputationRep:
    Forgive probably yes.
    would i take them back.
    No. i was not enough first time so I'm not going to be enough now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futility)
    Forgive them? Sure.

Trust them again? Probably not.
    This. I'd constantly be worrying about what they were doing when they weren't with me. I wouldn't take them back personally, it'd be a waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thing background and motive is key. People make mistakes too. If I loved someone and could somehow understand the situation I might forgive, at least once. I also wonder is there any male / female difference in attitude to this matter..

ReputationRep:
    Forgive them? Sure.

Trust them again? Probably not.

I find it difficult to trust people in the first place, so having had my trust broken by somebody, I'd be very unlikely to trust that person again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)

If someone cheats they clearly do not love or care about you enough in the first place.
    My answer exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Can't forgive :no:

They clearly don't love me enough in the first place to stay faithful.
    The only way I might consider staying is if we are married and have children. In which case I would try again, for the children's sake.

ReputationRep:
    No, i'd know they dont respect me or care about me. they wouldnt even get the chance to defend themselves, they're gone straight away.

ReputationRep:
    No, because you can't just come back from getting hurt like that

ReputationRep:
    It depends.

If it was just that they had sex with someone else, then yes. If they were having an affair, then no.

I realise that I may be in the minority here.

I also hasten to point out that my views on this does not mean that I'd sleep with someone else, just that I'd be ok if my partner did it.

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't no matter what the circumstances. Call me harsh but even if they're drunk or something they should have been smart enough not to put themself in that situation in the first place.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I did and they did the same thing again.

Since then, I would just end it there :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    I would find it extremely hard to trust them again.
    I used to think this but now I don't think I agree.

People make mistakes. I don't think you can stay with someone who has cheated as it destroys the trust, you would go mad every time they went out. But if the cheater has identified the problem then it doesn't mean they'll cheat again. Everyone is capable of cheating but it's whether you allow yourself to be in a situation where it becomes more likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    No, because you can't just come back from getting hurt like that
    Since your Turkish, you do know that relationships before marriage is haram!?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.