Turn on thread page Beta

Did anyone else do the OCR AS electronics papers today?

The first one was very easy but they had to go and spoil it with a rather difficult second one (signal proccessing)

Anyone any opinions?

Really disliked both papers. The first was OK(ish) but still harder than past papers. The second was really difficult, honestly cant say I knew what I was doing on that gameshow question (with D-types and the LED light up but not the other one at the same time thing).

Yeah...I was thinking 100% ish for the first paper to be honest but the second one...I only answered like 60%

There was no where near enough time to think through all the logic systems it asked you to design

NOT 100%, I dont think, I will be happy with a decent grade. Im not very good at electronics at all. So im looking forward to the retake.

I can't resit unfortunaltely since I'm in year 13 and started the full A level course only this year. (well a couple of weeks ago if I'm honest...lol)

The second one was a lot harder than the past papers.

I dont think anyne really did very well on the second paper.

LOWER THE BOUNDARIES !!!

Yeah...wasn't a nice one

That question on all the different frequencies with all the graphs was easy enough but took me ages to draw all the diagrams.

How do you think you did?

Really Badly !!!

I completely blanked (possibly because I had taken 2 exams prior to electronics today) but I struggled on simple questions in fooundation and I think that almost all the marks on the Signal Processing paper will be method marks. The summing amplifier questio nwas really difficult, I didn't end up finishing it.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.