Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im doing my art exam on the 28th April. I have chosen the topic 'Movevement'. I want an A*, so im looking to get a good exam sketchbook to hand in. I have decided to do crowd movements and gone about exploring that. So far, i have:

-Done mind map of ideas surrounding movement (Political, people, animals, growth, ect)
    -different types of crowds (angry, happy, sad, distressed- I Looked at an image and a piece of art for each type and summarised)
    -3 pages of sketches of people moving around. (Walking, jogging, printing, cycling)
    -explored 2 artists (analysed paintings, done copies, applied the artists style)
    -taken pictures of crowds in city. Anlysed, decided which ones i like/dislike and why
    - used photoshop to change 1 picture and done sketches using them

I dont know what to do, all of this work has taken up about 25 pages of an A3 size sketchbook. I dont know how much i should be aiming to do. & i dont know how to develop my ideas to get a final piece. I am doing a moving crowd painting for my final piece, but i dont know how to use the images i took to get a plan together. I surely cant just take a picture into an exam and paint it on a canvas? am i supposed to imagine up new ideas about what i could paint in the crowd??

Basically, i just need some advice on where i should be going with and how much. Any ideas/suggestions regarding what i should include in my project would be good..

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie--may)
    Hi, im doing my art exam on the 28th April. I have chosen the topic 'Movevement'. I want an A*, so im looking to get a good exam sketchbook to hand in. I have decided to do crowd movements and gone about exploring that. So far, i have:

-Done mind map of ideas surrounding movement (Political, people, animals, growth, ect)
    -different types of crowds (angry, happy, sad, distressed- I Looked at an image and a piece of art for each type and summarised)
    -3 pages of sketches of people moving around. (Walking, jogging, printing, cycling)
    -explored 2 artists (analysed paintings, done copies, applied the artists style)
    -taken pictures of crowds in city. Anlysed, decided which ones i like/dislike and why
    - used photoshop to change 1 picture and done sketches using them

I dont know what to do, all of this work has taken up about 25 pages of an A3 size sketchbook. I dont know how much i should be aiming to do. & i dont know how to develop my ideas to get a final piece. I am doing a moving crowd painting for my final piece, but i dont know how to use the images i took to get a plan together. I surely cant just take a picture into an exam and paint it on a canvas? am i supposed to imagine up new ideas about what i could paint in the crowd??

Basically, i just need some advice on where i should be going with and how much. Any ideas/suggestions regarding what i should include in my project would be good..

Thanks!!
    Make sure you include lots of different experiments, use different media and different tools etc. If you're aiming for a high grade you need to show how you've developed your ideas and that you've thought carefully about all the possibilities. So even if you think that ink would be best for the background, try acrylics, poster paint, oil pastels, oil paint, water colours, etc and use lots of tools!
    Do this for every part of you picture and explain why you like or dislike the outcome.
    also have 2 or 3 ideas and really develop them. Treat each one like your final idea and somewhere along the process you will find out which one you like best and develop that.

Have a couple of artist studies and use recreate your ideas in their style
    Goodluck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.