Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo,
    I'm 16 and been with my boyfriend for a few months. The other day when we met up, he was really tired and didn't really speak at all at first. He said he'd been clubbing with his friends and hadn't got back until 4am. Anyway, he said when they were out, there was a random girl there who his friend quite liked and bought her a drink. However, some guys appeared and were trying to get this girl to go with them, but she didn't want to. Then, she got away from them and was apparently with my boyfriend most the night and stayed with him and was following him round the club and stuff. Then all my boyfriend said to me was that he "lost her in the club and couldn't be bothered to find her again." ...Also, in the club they were in, there was people working there taking pictures of everyone. However, on Facebook, all my boyfriend's friends are in the picture, but he's not. Oh and usually when he's out, he's really sweet and randomly texts me to. I don't ask him to or anything, it's just something he usually does.
    Anyway, given everything I've said, do you think I have a right to feel a bit confused or hurt? Like, who was this girl and why was she with him and no-one else all night?
    Do you personally think anything might've happened, or that I'm just being really stupid? (which yeah, I probably am tbh:/)
    Thanks guys!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think you are over thinking things.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're overthinking it to me. He probably wouldn't have mentioned her to you at all if anything had happened. One photo of his friends on facebook doesn't mean he was away from them the whole time, who knows maybe he was away peeing or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seyrose)
    Sounds like you're overthinking it to me. He probably wouldn't have mentioned her to you at all if anything had happened. One photo of his friends on facebook doesn't mean he was away from them the whole time, who knows maybe he was away peeing or something.
    Hmm, yeah maybe you're right. I still just think it's a bit weird how she was with him all night there... I mean, fair enough that she didn't want the creepy guys trying to grab her, but without sounding harsh, what does she expect lingering about on her own? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Relationships are built on trust.
    ask him outright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Hmm, yeah maybe you're right. I still just think it's a bit weird how she was with him all night there... I mean, fair enough that she didn't want the creepy guys trying to grab her, but without sounding harsh, what does she expect lingering about on her own? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A girl lingering on her own does not make it ok to grab her? That is the sort of thinking that makes victim blaming ok.

I wouldn't worry, you have no reason to be upset or worried. If someone said they had made out/gone into a bathroom stall together/rented a hotel room together then maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranticMind)
    A girl lingering on her own does not make it ok to grab her? That is the sort of thinking that makes victim blaming ok.
    Oh no, I didn't mean that! Being a girl too, I wouldn't expect to be grabbed and perved on, but, and it's a sad truth I think, that is unfortunately what's more likely to happen if you are a young girl walking round a busy club on your own. I'm only generalizing here, but still.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.