Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am currently on the implant and a few days ago I came on my period, it is really heavy and painful. It is not normally like this, I normally bleed very very lightly.
    I have been going the toilet and a lot of blood has came out, it has been bright red and there has been a few blood clots. I filled up a big pad in just over an hour.
    I was in the shower and this little pink thing came out of me, and the next day I went to the toilet and noticed this long stringy thing that was about 3cm in length on the tissue. It was larger one side, it was pink but had blood on it.
    Now the blood has pretty much stopped, it is very light but I am still getting really bad cramps, do you think this could be a miscarriage?
    My friend thinks it is, she went through one herself, I shown her a picture of what has passed out of me and my symptoms sound the same as what hers was.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If your worried seek medical advise, your GP or local clinic.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a miscarriage so I can't advice you about that but I would recommend seeing a doctor if you're worried about it.

I have had the implant though and the amount you bleed on it can change. I didn't bleed for about a year when I had the implant and then I suddenly bled constantly for months so it may just be the implant but I'd definitely see a doctor if you're worried.

ReputationRep:
    go to your local GP, best way to find out

ReputationRep:
    I really think you should go to your GP and show him/her the photos on your phone (or a sexual health clinic in your area if you're worried about the GP passing on information to your parents). No one here can give accurate advice based on the information provided.

If it does turn out to be a miscarrage, your GP will also be able to recommend you to any services you might be interested, for instance counselling if you feel you need it, or possibly go over your contraceptive practices with you and make sure it's working for you and you won't get pregnant again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.