Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friend expects to stay at mine everytime we go out-fair or not? Watch

Basically, i have a friend that wants to go out in the city where i live, she lives in the next town away, its £8 for me to get home in a taxi and its £15 for her [btw her dad is a taxi driver and her mum drives also]..now i let her stay over after a night out for my birthday,but that was with a group of other people,so thats a diff situation. but now im worried if i invite her to go out then she'll expect to stay at mine after random nights out...

this is a problem for me because

1. she'll have to sleep beside me, and i can't sleep beside anybody i feel really uncomfortable,this knocks my whole next day up as im too tired to do anything

2. she would get really drunk and id have to deal with it,especially the vomitting the next day

3.she expects my family to drive her home the next day

4. she expects to get breakfast etc when she wakes up..im not a breakfast person..my hangover day consists of me laying in bed til it passes

is it fair of her to expect to stay at mine EVERYTIME we go out?

other info: we were actually besties when we were younger,had sleepovers all the time [and i would have done so much for her] but then we had a massive fallout for a few years [which was her fault] and we made up but i cant find the heart to "Cater" for her anymore since i got no thanks in return the last times

ReputationRep:
    you say you are worried about her expecting it but why what has she ever done to suggest that she would?
    if she does just tell her its not ok, if you can't face telling her the real reasons (although honesty is generally better) just say your parents wouldn't be ok with it.

(Original post by boba)
    you say you are worried about her expecting it but why what has she ever done to suggest that she would?
    if she does just tell her its not ok, if you can't face telling her the real reasons (although honesty is generally better) just say your parents wouldn't be ok with it.
    because she asked if she could stay over after my bday

this doesnt answer my question though,would you expect a friend to let you stay ALL the time?

ReputationRep:
    Just don't offer, invite her out and don't talk about sleeping arrangements.
    If she asks to say, make up an excuse.
    Invite her to stay when you are ok with it.

ReputationRep:
    she seems a bit demanding and ungrateful, but you seem to overreact a bit.

(Original post by reedA93)
    Just don't offer, invite her out and don't talk about sleeping arrangements.
    If she asks to say, make up an excuse.
    Invite her to stay when you are ok with it.
    what qualifies as a good excuse though?
    "im going out early tomorrow morning"
    its tough whenever your parents are welcoming

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping beside someone ruins the whole following day after a night out? Evidently you are not drinking enough to enjoy your night

It's not necessarily fair so I'd just advice that you simply tell her she isn't allowed back with you, not much else you can do really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what qualifies as a good excuse though?
    "im going out early tomorrow morning"
    its tough whenever your parents are welcoming
    Get your parents on your side by telling them that she can sleep in their bed next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    because she asked if she could stay over after my bday

this doesnt answer my question though,would you expect a friend to let you stay ALL the time?
    I might ask or want to but I would be prepared for them to say no.
    I had a friend who lived in a village about 30 minutes drive away from the town the rest of us lived in and he could never go out without staying at someones house, taxi would of cost loads and parents were unwilling to pick him up in the middle of the night, but if they said no he would accept it and just not go and he wouldn't always ask the same person.

ReputationRep:
    This is so weird as my friends always crash over. Last weekend I had my friend and her friend in my bed, I ended up in the middle so it was pretty cosy.

Seriously, not wanting her to stay over because of breakfast is a lame excuse, like, how much effort/cost is a bowl of cereal?

Meh, if she splits the taxi bill with you surely its a win?

Just don't offer her to stay over? Or say that your dad got angry because she was vomiting the next morning?

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to sleep on the sofa and if she really has to eat breakfast, tell her not to wake you and just help herself to some toast or something. Seriously it's not a big deal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.