Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying at the moment and wanted to check what the maximum maintenance grant and loan amount is please. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Around £7170 I believe. Just over half is maintenance loan, the rest is a grant.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/loans-and-grants

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so the maximum maintenance loan is £5500.

How is this determined?
    I come from a household of a total income of a little over £12000 but am only getting an estimate of £3823, why is this?

ReputationRep:
    Also, why is the "Amount Requested" on my application apparently "N/A" when everything else is "Maximum"?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It sounds like you haven't been income assessed yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    Ok, so the maximum maintenance loan is £5500.

How is this determined?
    I come from a household of a total income of a little over £12000 but am only getting an estimate of £3823, why is this?
    The loan decreases with increasing grant. So the overall money you get is around the same as everyone else, you just get more of the money as a grant (which you don't have to pay back) with lower household income.

Also, why is the "Amount Requested" on my application apparently "N/A" when everything else is "Maximum"?
    Not really sure why but it was on mine as well. I got the confirmation letter today and it says maximum, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

EDIT: Sorry, as the above post states, seems you've not filled in the income assessment part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    It sounds like you haven't been income assessed yet?
    Am I not "income assessed" until I have sent proof of income to SFE then?
    I have entered all of the income information on their website and asked to have my finance based upon it though.

(Original post by Serpentine111)
    The loan decreases with increasing grant.
    This explains it!
    I've just checked a leaflet I have from SFE too and this gave me a perfect breakdown of it all.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have entered all of the income information on their website and asked to have my finance based upon it though.

This explains it!
    I've just checked a leaflet I have from SFE too and this gave me a perfect breakdown of it all.

Thanks
    Welcome Hated filling in that form. So glad it's all over for the most part now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    No. You have to send off your information to be income assessed.

ReputationRep:
    No. You have to send off your information to be income assessed.
    I've sent them the information, do you mean the proof?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I've sent them the information, do you mean the proof?
    Yeah. You need to send your parents P60s and whatever else they've asked for.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. You need to send your parents P60s and whatever else they've asked for.
    For my parent, they've only asked for proof of divorce. Nothing regarding income, which I find strange.

ReputationRep:
    For my parent, they've only asked for proof of divorce. Nothing regarding income, which I find strange.
    they can check income from your parents NI's

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.